We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Principal or Associate Structural Engineer to join our highly regarded, award winning Civil & Structural team. Therole focuses on delivery and management, with increasing business development responsibilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a leading presence within our Northern region. We offer our multi-disciplinary consultancy services in both our Edinburgh and Glasgow offices and so we are open to someone being based in either of these locations.
We offer an excellent people-focused culture, an abundance of engaging projects and a clearly defined progression structure. As well as being part of our national Civil and Structural team (200 employees and growing,) you will have the opportunity to work alongside other successful divisions such as MEP, Nuclear and Smart Energy and Sustainability.Responsibilities of the Role:Delivery
As a highly experienced civil and/or structural engineering designer, you will lead your team's project delivery efforts, taking responsibility for all aspects of our projects, leading the way for our engineers and technicians and promoting design innovation. You will maintain a high-level overview of your team's projects, ensuring that the design is delivered correctly and in accordance with Hydrock's quality assurance procedures and health-and-safety responsibilities.ManagementYou will take responsibility for all aspects of management including:
• Identifying team weaknesses/issues;
• Financial performance;
• Divisional task groups/design innovation;Business Development
You will take responsibility for ensuring a sustainable stream of work through sales planning, project bids, tender interviews, client management and business networking. You will be able to contribute to marketing materials and assist with business/sales planning and financial budgeting.You will be set up for success if you have:
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
- MEng or BEng in civil or structural engineering.
- Chartered membership/ Associate membership of the IStructE/ ICE OR working towards Chartership.
- Self-motivated team player with good people skills.
- Strong communication, analysis, technical design and drawing skills.
- Experience using analysis and design software packages.
- Ability to design through hand calculations.
- Understanding of BIM requirements up to and including Level 2.
- Developing marketing/ business development skills.
- Someone ambitious, who believes in our values and wishes to be part of Hydrock and our success.
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good', as it is our aim to improve the quality of people's lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client's needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top100 Best Companies to Work For list . Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award forBay Technology Centre , Integration and Collaborative Working Award forYGG Tan-y-Lan primary school,The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol's iconic waterfrontWapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Excellent health benefits25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: "Day off for good cause" (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of theprotected characteristics . We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on ourLinkedIn page !
It's impossible to note all the many wonderful stories and achievements, when marking the end of another brilliant 365 days, so instead we give you our end of year video - enjoy - we did!
Natural daylight is fundamental for our sleep quality, mood, productivity and overall mental health - it's one of the most crucial elements of a building's design.