RPS is currently seeking an experienced Associate level Structural Engineer to join our Structures Team and service our clients which are located in London, Milton Keynes and across the Midlands. We offer hybrid working to include working from home, Client site and our City Centre Milton Keynes office.
Join our industry-leading team, we offer a wealth of in-house expertise across a variety of different sectors, with a focus on low to medium rise residential development and structural investigations from our Milton Keynes Office. You'll be responsible for the full project lifecycle, have financial responsibility, and manage a team of engineers. We empower you to control your career development and offer the opportunity to work on the effective delivery of residential foundations, superstructures, and low and medium-rise housing and commercial projects.
RPS Design Division delivers projects across multiple, niche sectors from residential housing developments, logistics, retail, aviation, healthcare, education, advanced manufacturing, data centres, energy and more as we strive to achieve the right balance between form and function when faced with competing priorities around sustainability, materiality, cost and constructability.
Digitalisation is at the core of our delivery model allowing our clients and their stakeholders to really experience our designs right from project concept stage and through drawing on expertise spanning decades, industries and disciplines, we assist clients to harmonise design drivers through inspired engineering, architecture and development services.
We're RPS, our projects are all around you. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Our people are our success. We need people who share our passion on solving the problems that matter. Here you'll find work that is challenging and rewarding, and you'll be supported every step of the way. What you'll be doing
This is an exciting role for an individual looking to progress their career as a Structural Engineer within our industry leading team where we have an excellent reputation, offering a wealth of expertise in all sectors of the built environment. You will report into the Director of Structural Engineering based in Milton Keynes.
Who we're looking for
- Assist Associate Director / Director in management of structural engineering team
- Independent management of projects / project team
- Financial responsibility for your own projects
- Preparation of fee quotations / Invoicing
- Management of staff and other consultants.
- Further develop the team of engineers and technicians.
- Working in collaboration with senior stakeholders and clients
- Site visits and undertake structural surveys, investigation and repair schemes for structures from fires to foundation issues.
To be successful in this role you will most likely have a degree (or equivalent) in Civil or Structural Engineering and will ideally be chartered with ICE, or IStructE or equivalent or progressing towards chartership. Additionally you will:
What's in it for you?
- Be experienced in the design of foundations, masonry, concrete including detailing, steel and timber structures to eurocodes.
- Be experienced in the residential market including traditional construction as well as framed structures.
- Show market commercial awareness with knowledge in financial management of projects, development of clients and ability to assist in the project appointment process.
- Be experienced in structural investigations of low-rise residential properties, medium to high rise residential and commercial markets.
- Preferably experienced in structural investigation and reporting in relation to 'Building Safety Act'.
- Be familiar with Tekla software (Tekla designer and Tedds) and ideally with Autocad/Revit
- Show strong leadership skills to establish authority and influence both internally and externally to the company.
- Demonstrate previous Management experience would be advantageous
- Have the ability to make decisions
- Be motivated with initiative and comfortable with autonomy with an appetite to drive innovation
We're an accredited training provider - from entry level to master's degree level professional qualifications in leadership & management and executive coaching & mentoring, we support learning and development for everyone.
A personal development plan and a transparent career pathway puts you in the driving seat of your career and you'll be supported as far as you want to go.
We encourage and value different ideas, perspectives, and styles of thinking. We need a mix of experiences and skills to develop the most innovative ideas. We respect one another and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. You'll be joining a diverse community and a company that puts its people first and prioritises their wellbeing.
We understand the need to work flexibly, with agile offices and hybrid working offered as standard, we're happy to talk about flexible working. This is a workplace that works for you.
A career here is far from ordinary. Here you're not a number, you're part of the solution. What happens next?
If this opportunity suits your career journey, we'd love to hear from you. All applications will be considered, and we will try our best to respond to you within three working days.
If you'd like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Parv Sandhu at RPS