Principal Process Engineer
Toro Recruitment is currently seeking a Principal Process Engineer to join a rapidly growing consultancy specializing in Asset Manager, Engineering, and Commercial services within the water, environment, and energy sector. With a highly experienced team, they are looking to expand their Waste Water department by hiring a Principal Process Engineer.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the business's development and growth while advancing your career. Reporting to the Technical Director of Process Engineering, you will engage directly with internal and external clients across various sectors including water, wastewater, bio resources, and occasionally industrial sectors.
Responsibilities of a Principal Process Engineer include:
* Conducting site surveys and assessing the plant's capacity to meet future demands.
* Undertaking feasibility, outline, and detailed process design, including mass, heat, and energy balances, process flow diagrams, P&IDs, design risk assessments, control philosophies, commissioning strategies, cost and program estimations, plant, and equipment specifications, and carbon calculations.
* Collaborating on the development of digital design tools such as water quality analysis, unit process sizing, process performance metrics, and other automated design tools.
* Writing technical reports throughout the project lifecycle.
* Supporting and/or leading bids, fee proposals, or service offers, as well as developing activity schedules and work plans.
* Demonstrating familiarity with HAZOP, CDM, British and European Standards, and other statutory, regulatory, and non-regulatory provisions and guidance.
* Leading HAZOP and Hazard studies.
* Developing standard and customized design solutions for the water industry and beyond.
* Ensuring projects meet and exceed quality, program, budgetary, and health and safety requirements.
* Preparing technical papers and presentations for conferences, colleagues, and clients.
* Assisting junior process engineers in their path toward achieving chartered status.
* Checking and reviewing calculations and reports prepared by others.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
* Degree qualified and a Chartered Engineer, you will have a combination of people skills, personal qualities, and technical expertise necessary to bring solutions and projects to life. You should be positive, enthusiastic, a confident communicator at all levels, and a team player.
* Experience in wastewater treatment.
* Willingness to work at various locations within the UK if required.
* Extensive experience in feasibility and design of water and wastewater projects using a range of processes.
* Ability to provide customer-focused service while understanding the water sector regulatory framework and strategic business planning.
* Familiarity with wastewater treatment technologies and an interest in exploring new and emerging technologies and techniques.
* Ability to complete assignments within deadlines, budget constraints, and to a high technical standard.
* Strong understanding of the design process.
* Eagerness to contribute to and expand your technical knowledge base.
* Capacity to provide time and cost estimates for project completion, considering both CAPEX and OPEX implications of design decisions.
What's on offer:
* Competitive salary with discretionary bonus.
* 24 days of annual leave plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional leave.
* Pension scheme
* Training and opportunities for career progression.
* Payment of professional membership fees.
* Life Assurance Scheme.
* Employee Assistance Programme (providing access to GP appointments, Physio appointments, and Mental Health Support).
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and looking to hear more about this exciting opportunity please apply with a copy of your CV