O&M Engineer / Expert - Floating Offshore WindLocation:
Remote working in Europe Contract:
Freelance / Long term - very competitive daily rates Industry:
Floating offshore wind, operations, maintenance
Turner Lovell is recruiting for a leading European offshore wind farm developer who are developing onshore, offshore and floating wind farm projects across Europe. They are seeking to recruit several O&M Experts with a strong expertise in floating offshore wind projects.
In this long-term freelance role, you will be focusing on defining key O&M strategies for various components for floating offshore wind projects. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of floating offshore wind development, working remotely but with a European wide team of various other experts and engineers.
Floating wind is one of the leading solutions to use the available wind resource. We are looking for someone with a passion and a strong understanding of the challenges deploying this technology, especially from operations and maintenance perspective, Responsibilities:
- Define the O&M strategy for various floating offshore wind assets such as floating platforms (e.g. TLPs, Barges, Spars and Semi-subs), floating offshore substation, and other floating structures.
- Develop concepts and solutions to the challenges of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activity of floating offshore wind farms.
- Conduct various analysis such as: Risk analysis; FMECA; RAM; safety and environmental element to support future operations.
- Educate other team members of the differences in design and maintenance of floating wind vs fixed bottom wind farms.
- Degree or Masters in structural, electrical, mechanical or related engineering subjects
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience within an O&M capacity
- Previous experience working with floating structures either in floating offshore wind or oil & gas projects.
- Strategic mindset with capability to formulate the standards suitable for operations and maintenance activity.
- Strong technical understanding with the ability to analyse detailed issues.
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbally and
- You are able to work remotely and independently towards challenging goals.
- You are action-oriented and consistently set goals for yourself with a sense high energy and enthusiasm.
- You work effectively with others to meet shared objectives.
- You have the ability to anticipate and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders,
- You relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
If you have the drive and confidence creating O&M strategies and the supporting documents for large scale projects, passion for offshore wind and a desire to make a difference in an ambitious developer environment, please apply and contact Yana Arif for more information on .