Associate Structural Engineer Salary:
Are you a Senior Structural Engineer looking for the next step in your career or an Associate looking for a new challenge? Due to our clients ongoing success, we have a great opportunity for an Associate to accompany their team on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects. You will be largely involvement in both new build and refurbishment projects, working from early planning to the end delivery phase. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop conceptual designs and be actively involved with all projects under your direction.
- Deliver high-quality designs, drawings, and reports using engineering materials including concrete, steel, masonry, timber, etc., together with soils, foundations and drainage, and in a form that can readily be checked by another member of staff.
- Apply Eurocodes, British Standards, current Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations, and other design codes/information as appropriate.
- Undertake cost-control for project and compile invoices in an accurate and timely manner.
- Plan and manage resources for projects under your supervision.
- Supervise staff under your direction and offer pro-active advice in relation to problem- solving issues.
- Undertake thorough site investigations, complete inspections, identify potential issues, and solve problems.
- Undertake and arrange effective mentoring of employees under your direction.
- Support other Senior Team Members in management of resources to ensure successful outcomes.
- Represent the company at meetings of the design team as required.
- Develop realistic and competitive fee proposals for future work.
- Contribute to business development activities and marketing as required for the benefit of CCL.
- Undertake appropriate Continuing Professional Development and maintain CPD records in accordance with the requirements of the Institution of Structural Engineers and/or the Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Recognise the importance of clear communication with all members of the design and/or construction team regarding matters of structural safety, and keep up-to-date with information provided by CROSS (Collaborative Reporting for Safer Structures).
- AutoCAD, Tekla, and Revit.
- Professional requirements
- Ideally Chartered Membership of the Institution of Structural Engineers and/or the Institution of Civil Engineering.
We are a unique business that recognise the importance of balance and how it not only benefits the employee but also the wider business. We encourage members of staff to get involved with company, charity, and sports events, and believe that it is imperative to enjoy your career.
The salary is competitive within the industry and will reflect your experience and qualifications. You will also receive the following benefits:
- 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Offices are closed over Christmas.
- Pension contribution.
- Performance-related bonus.
- Flexible pay scheme (ability to buy extra holidays).
- Death in service scheme.
- Income protection scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Mental Health First Aiders.
- Professional membership (two per year).
- Agile working.
- Free eye test vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Dress down Fridays.
- Branded PPE.
- Welcome pack (personal fleece and water bottle).
You will play a key role in their future development and expansion in a multi-disciplinary environment.