Geotechnical engineer Based at:
Sittingbourne, Kent Experience:
4-5 years Salary:
£35k - £45k depending upon experience + Bonus + Car Allowance/ Travel Allowance Location of the role:
Hybrid - 2-3 days site, 2 days from work from home
Hunter Mason Consultancy is recruiting on behalf of a multidisciplinary, Brownfield Award winning, geo-environmental and contaminated land specialist, for an Geotechnical Engineer. The Role
An exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual as an Geotechnical Engineer
with a focus on contaminated land core skills in Sittingbourne, Kent, working with a small team serving various client types predominantly across the South of England.
The appointed person will report to the consultancy department head but will work closely with other service lines based at Sittingbourne as well as other offices. We would expect candidates to be degree level qualified in an appropriate discipline (ideally with a relevant Masters) and have at least 4-5 years' experience in geo-environmental consultancy work with the ability to take projects from initial design stage through to implementation and completion. The Candidate
The successful candidate will have a flexible attitude to work and possess the enthusiasm and drive to deliver the requirements of the role. The ability to work remotely, but as an effective member of a wider team, will be essential, along with excellent communication, organisation and problem-solving skills. This role will require frequent travel to sites across the South of England as well as occasionally further afield.
Right to work in the UK, willingness to travel and a full UK/EC driving licence are essential. Key Duties / Requirements
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple projects concurrently, on time and within budget with an understanding of financial management at a project level.
- Preparation of factual geo-environmental and interpretative contaminated land reports including Desk Studies, Phase II Site Investigations as well as remediation strategies and verification reports.
- Excellent communication (inc client and regulator), organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and numerical skills including report writing data interpretation, including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel and where applicable specific software which may include but is not limited to Holebase (logging software), AutoCAD, surfer etc.
- Demonstrable site work competency including an appreciation of Health & Safety procedure, guidance and requirements.
- Organize, manage resources, mentoring of junior staff and ad hoc supervise geo-environmental ground investigations
- Assist in the production of proposals and tenders.
Or email me at tom @ huntermasonconsulting .com