Dawson Levy Resourcing
currently have a great opportunity for a Senior Environmental Engineer
(Civils) to join a leading organisation to work within the Water Industry. Location:
Head Office, Enfield.
Personal Attributes Required -
- Assist in the project application of the Management System to meet the requirements of ISO 14001: 2015
- Take a strategic lead in the sustainability strategy for the business
- Consolidate data for scope 1, 2 and 3 and report in line with the company objectives and goals.
- Lead advisor for environmental issues on projects including design and construction stages
- Manage early schemes through the Environment Impact Assessment process to obtain planning permission prior to works and satisfy planning requirements
- Advise projects to ensure that all identified Risks and Opportunities are managed
- Liaise with stakeholders to obtain licenses and consents for individual contracts and ensure compliance with these at all times.
- Provide support to the project teams to ensure all Management Plans, and associated documentation are produced in accordance with the project programme
- Deliver environment and sustainability training to all levels within the project team
- Carry out key project environmental inspections/audits
- Regularly review the environmental files, to ensure correct completion and filing of records in accordance with the project programme.
- Review ongoing environmental issues on projects to make sure work is being completed in accordance with the relevant standards, legislation and contract requirements.
- Ensuring environmental minimum requirements are met with the adoption and sharing of best practise and lessons learned shared across the business/industry.
- Act as a role model for the client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with the client's ways of working. Encourage and support others to do so.
- Manage subcontractors and specialist consultants to ensure their compliance with project requirements
- Carry out incident investigations to assess root causes of incidents and share lessons learned within the business.
- Carry out inspections, audits and third party audits on suppliers.
- Represent the Client and business at public engagement sessions
- Liaise with the community to look for engagement opportunities and mediate issues.
Essential Qualifications -
- An effective communicator with confidence to speak in a wide range of audiences
- Organised with good time management skills
- Able to work on their own initiative
- Enthusiastic, motivated, hardworking and conscientious.
- Computer literate with excellent report writing skills
- Degree in an Environmental discipline and/or IEMA associate
- Practitioner member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment.