Join #xE2;€¯Unleash your energy #xE2;€¯
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we're the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we're far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage. Our purpose and beliefs:â€¯
As Kent, we're tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined. It's the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet: We PLAY BIG We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE We are built on INFINITE THINKING Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: Our vision forâ€¯Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:â€¯
Weâ€¯recogniseâ€¯thatâ€¯diversity &â€¯inclusionâ€¯areâ€¯catalysts for success. We're heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our #xE2;€¯Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employeesâ€¯feel aâ€¯senseâ€¯ofâ€¯ #xE2;€¯â€¯ Our combined energy is fueled byâ€¯differentâ€¯nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 #xE2;€¯Our commitment is toâ€¯celebrate character - no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or #xE2;€¯â€¯ About the job:
Kent are looking for an exciting candidate to join our thriving energy transition capability, with experience in designing secondary structures for the offshore wind industry. We want you if you've got superstructure experience, including Internal and External Platforms, J-tubes and, Boat Landing systems. Join a company with:
- Over 20 years of history in Offshore Wind
- A global and domestic project portfolio
- Industry leading technical innovations
- Opportunities to solve the world's energy challenges using your technical prowess
The ever-changing conditions of Offshore Wind Industry means we need individuals who can adapt, change and thrive when working in dynamic environments. Our global opportunities and innovation initiatives will allow you to excel and build upon your strengths as we continue our growth in such a rapidly developing market.
This position provides the opportunity for a passionate person to contribute to the growing renewables sector, actively helping to combat climate change. Kent operate a hybrid working model with offices all over the UK, we have locations in Aberdeen, Bristol, Edinburgh, Epsom, Glasgow and London. We will happily accept application to any of our UK locations. Your Responsibilities:
As a member of our team, you will assist the technical design and development of our global portfolio of future offshore wind structures. You'll support the delivery of our projects at various levels of development, together with developing innovative solutions for repair and upgrades. Responsibilities may include:
- Working with a team of experienced engineers on design scopes for a variety of offshore wind projects.
- Supporting the innovation and development of our designs, design tools and client offerings.
- Understanding stress and structural analysis, offshore design codes, fabrication, and the ability to plan, develop, run, and report on analysis models.
- Delivering and sometimes overseeing analysis models, technical reports, calculations, and support to drawing packages
- Guiding and mentoring the next generation of engineers.
- Solving technical problems, and ultimately leading the delivery of quality deliverables to schedule and budget.
- Maintaining existing and developing new client relationships.
- Ideally Chartered (ICE, IMechE, IStructE etc), or actively working towards chartership.
- Communication, innovation and delivery skills.
- Previous experience in secondary structure design for offshore wind structures (required).
- Experience working for an offshore consultant, OEM, developer or EPCI contractor.
- Working knowledge of offshore structural engineering, relevant Offshore Wind design codes and certification requirements.
- Linear and/or non-linear offshore structural analysis - SESAM, SACS, Abaqus (or similar).
- Experience developing detailed hand calculations using MathCAD, Excel, Python or similar.
- Experience in delivering offshore wind projects at different phases Concept, FEED, Detailed Design, Fabrication, Operation.
- Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence needed to communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.