Structural Design Engineer (Building Services) - Intermediate Level
Our client is a Manchester City Centre based structural and civil engineering consultancy that has been borne out of a desire to provide considered design and engineering services to clients and co-collaborators in the built environment. Driven by efficiency in design and delivery, combined with their ability to appropriately innovate with their passion for detail, they are involved in projects from pre-acquisition through to on-site delivery and construction.As structural engineers, our client combines expertise in various fields, embracing dynamic design and tall buildings, conventional and geometrically complex forms. They challenge one another to explore new structural and creative possibilities and, in this way, are able to devise suitably innovative design solutions that are economical, beautiful and sustainable.To ensure total integration, our client provides various services in order to offer more appropriate and sustainable options for all aspects of the project:
- Structural engineering
- Civil engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Contamination and other SI surveys and reports for the following: Building surveys, due diligence surveys, option appraisal on new construction or property related projects
- Design and engineering
- Urban design, master planning, site analysis
Your personal skills
- Design of projects from the concept stage through to the construction stage
- Preparing and reviewing technical reports and specifications
- Complying with Health and Safety and CDM Regulations
- Support in the management and development of team members
- Development of client relationships
- Developing good relationships with professions across our client and external consultants
- You will have good communication skills, be self-organised, have a passion for structural design, enjoy working within a motivated team, and have an enthusiasm for architecture and building design.
- Experience of Tekla Structures, TEDDS, Staad PRO and Scia would be beneficial, alongside working within a BIM environment.
Reasons to Join
- Highly motivated and passionate about delivering projects to time, budget and quality
- Organised and methodical with particular attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Have a pragmatic approach and possess strong problem solving techniques
- Be commercially aware
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships at all levels with clients and employees alike and across all professional disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with an ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- A Privately owned business who really develop its employees technically and commercially with lots of opportunity to work on local landmark projects across Manchester / Salford
- A Strong team consisting of some of the region's best Engineers you can learn from and bounce ideas off who push the boundaries of design.
- Continued progression and development up to Director/gain equity in the business.
- The 2 Directors/owners have a great reputation across the industry having held senior positions at large consultancies where they developed strong relationships with some excellent clients that they have managed to win a lot of work from.
- Bespoke practice delivering large scale, local landmark projects from top tier clients.
- Wide variety of interesting and challenging projects - You will play a key roles in schemes (Up to £50m+) with varying levels of complexity, assisting the team to develop solutions from concept through to construction.
- A lot of the projects are directly with the developer or Architect so there is a lot of early-stage consultancy not just detailed design.
- Big emphasis on lean design to reduce materials used during construction and carbon. Also has a knock on effect of reducing cost for the client.
- 10 of the team are Chartered Structural Engineers, so are best placed to assist in terms of Chartership support.