Our client, an established multi-disciplinary design consultancy based in north Bristol, are looking to appoint an experienced Structural Engineer to their team to provide senior guidance. They predominantly work on a mix of education, residential and commercial projects, though have a wider portfolio including health, retail and defence work. They are seeking to appoint a Principal Engineer to join their expanding and ambitious Bristol office.
The successful candidate will ideally be an experienced Structural Engineer with at least ten years' post-grad experience. Preferably you will be a Chartered Structural Engineer, however they are fully supportive of Engineers pursuing chartership and will be happy to support this path.
You should be able to demonstrate a proven ability to coordinate projects and communicate effectively with design team members, and be technically competent with the modelling and draughting of structures to current design standards. The candidate should also be a Structural Engineer with the ability to both work autonomously and provide guidance to junior team members.
Candidates will be versed in independently managing projects including attending meetings with contractors, architects and clients. Any successful candidate will be required to work with other engineers and technicians. You will be joining an established and successful consultancy with a healthy order book that is one of the catalysts for the company's continued growth. Job Requirements/Experience
About Strata Consulting
- Ten years' experience as Structural Engineer in a UK design consultancy.
- Experience in either education, residential or commercial sectors.
- Experience working with concrete and steel structures essential.
- Software experience with Tekla, TEDDS or MasterSeries.
- Ability to deliver projects through to completion, and work within a multidisciplinary consultancy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ideally, you will be confident in front of clients and able to lead with both existing clients and new.
- MEng in Civil Engineering (or equivalent).
- Chartered (or working towards) with the IStructE.
We are an Employment Agency specialising in the placement of contract and permanent staff in construction companies and design engineering consultancies across the UK. For further details please visit our website.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, i.e. job roles, location, salary to us. We also operate a referral scheme, of which further details can be found on our website (search "Strata Construction Consulting").
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days, please deem your application as unsuccessful. Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.