Associate - Structural Engineering
Salary: £60,000 - £75,000 a year Associate - Structural Engineering (Full Time Position)
A leading Multi-Disciplinary engineering consultancy are looking to add to their well-established team. Through continued growth the business has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Director of Structural Engineering to join the team in Glasgow.
The business has plans for further expansion throughout 2023 and the successful applicant will be integral to supporting this growth.
This consultancy has projects in the leisure, education, residential, commercial, health and retail sectors. Producing designs for clients ranging from local and national developers and contractors to major private sector companies. Associate - Structural Engineering Duties will include:
The Associate - Structural Engineering will have
- Working on multiple challenging projects simultaneously
- Undertaking the design of structures with commonly used design software
- Mentoring other staff members to aid their professional development.
- Strong IT skills and a practical approach
- Ability to lead a project team and manage complex workloads
- Familiarity with other disciplines and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary projects both at a technical and commercial level
- Strong communication and personal skills
- The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Postgraduate/qualification experience in a UK based design consultancy
- Experience over a wide variety of sectors but medium to high rise residential, education, logistics and commercial
- Sound technical knowledge with an emphasis on early stage design
- Skills in problem-solving, communication, personal organisation and team-working
- Chartered Engineer status, preferably IStructE.
What To Do Next
- Membership of the Firm's Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 8%.
- Payment of a relevant professional subscription.
- 24 days annual leave per year.
- Membership to the Firm's Private Health Care Scheme.
- Inclusion in the Firm's Critical Illness Cover Policy.
- Inclusion in the Firm's Life Assurance Policy, insuring you 3 times your annual salary.
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
- Flexi-Time Working Schedule.
- Long service awards.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Travel Loans.
- Recruitment Bounty Scheme.
If you are interested in this Associate - Structural Engineering position in Glasgow, please click on the link to apply.
If you are interested in hearing about other roles in Civil or Structural Engineering, then please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now at or call . We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.