Your New Role:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Civil Engineer - Structures
to join our CAFA
Team, and can be based from Redhill, Crawley, Cardiff, Liverpool or York. The Civils Assessment Framework Agreement (CAFA
) team comprises approximately 60 Engineers and Technicians at all levels. Our core work is producing the technical assessments for a wide array of railway bridges and structures across the UK, for clients such as Network Rail, Transport for Wales and Local Authorities. Our experienced engineers use a range of design tools to ensure we deliver consistent assessment results to our clients, including 3D CAD, structural analysis and Finite Element modelling systems such as Archie-M, Limit State Ring, SuperSTRESS, STAAD Pro and Lusas. As part of the assessment process, we also plan and undertake the initial inspections of these structures, using a variety of specialist access techniques, from confined spaces to rope access, and new technologies such as 3D laser scanning, 360° cameras and aerial drones to collect all the information required to complete a full structural analysis. The standard hours of work areFull time - 37.5 hours per week.
Work-life balance and flexibility are key for our success. We empower our people to make choices that are right for them, with hybrid, part-time and flexible work patterns. And with a network of offices across the UK, we're open to discussing working options that suit you. You will be responsible for:
What makes this role unique is
- Undertaking numerical analysis and calculations to determine the structural load carrying capacity of a wide range of bridges and structures;
- Proposing strengthening and maintenance options;
- Planning and undertaking bridge inspections to confirm structural details and condition;
- Developing innovative solutions to enhance inspection and technical capabilities;
- Preparing technical drawings and reports.
that you will use your engineering knowledge and skills to deliver robust structural assessments to help us inform our clients, which will enable them to continue the safe, efficient and optimal management of the capability of their structure assets.
From day one you'll be given real responsibility, gaining invaluable experience and exposure working alongside our industry experts across our multi-disciplinary teams, as well as assisting in the mentoring and training of our more junior staff. We want to hear from you if you are/have:
An Incorporated or Chartered Engineer, or have at least 5 years of demonstrable relevant experience
and be actively working towards professional qualification.
What we can offer you:
- Minimum 2:2 BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Passion for developing your skills both professional and personally
- Good interpersonal and team working skills, with evidence of problem-solving ability
- Proven technical skills and ability to work successfully within technical teams with a high level of quality
- Self-motivated with the ability to plan and prioritise time
- Computer literate and interested in learning new software and developing solutions
- Able to assist in training, mentoring and development of staff to achieve appropriate professional qualifications and career ambitions
- Commitment to work occasional nights when required
- Full driving licence
When you join us, we can offer flexibility, career development, a choice of benefits and support that help you through all life's ups and downs. It's the reason why Investors in People put us among the top 1% of employers and we have a competitive reward and benefits program
We embrace difference
- Career Development - Exceptional development and progression plan
- Pension - Generous Pension scheme which we will contribute to
- Holidays - Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Choices - Our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership
- Save with Amey - Our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers
- Social Value - You'll get 2 Community Involvement Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives
and support individuals
to work in ways that work best for them.
We are committed
to working sustainably
and by working in partnership with the communities
we serve, so people and the planetare protected.
At Amey, you have freedom to perform
because we know if nothing holds you back, together, we can be extraordinary. Who is Amey?
- We are at the heart of modern Britain, helping the economy to grow by designing, maintaining and transforming the nation's strategic assets.
- Our 11,000 people are behind the critical services the country relies on every day.
To find out more take a look at our website. Application guidance: Amey is committed to Inclusion and Diversity
- Our unique engineering and operations experience, together with data driven insight from our consulting business, delivers better results for our clients.
- We are trusted partners of Government - both national and local - managing assets and complex projects that are vital to the sustainable growth of the country.
. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please contact our recruitment team to discuss any access needs and reasonable adjustments that may be required at any point during the recruitment process. Apply today - We are excited to hear from you!