Civil Design Engineer Opportunity
Our client is a leading firm of consulting engineers providing structural, civil, geotechnical, environmental and transportation engineering design services, throughout the UK.
They are looking for a full-time Civil Design Engineer to support their current workload in their Liverpool office. Role
They are looking for a Civil Design Engineer that can demonstrate suitableexperience in below ground drainage (including Section 104) and standard road design (including Section 38/278). You should also be experienced in preparing flood risk assessments and drainage assessments. You will preferably be experienced in using computer modelling packages such as WinDES, MicroDrainage and Civil 3D (or similar packages). Key skills
What they are looking for
- UK Consultancy experience in highways and drainage works;
- Competent in storm and foul water drainage network design using WinDes MicroDrainage design software;
- Conversant with highway layouts (vertical and horizontal alignments);
- Competent in using AutoCAD and Autotrack for general civil engineering and building projects; preferably using Civil 3D
- Experience in the preparation of adoption design and drawings for both highways and drainage and successful adoption under section 38/278, section 104.
- Knowledge of and design capability for SuDS systems;
- Knowledge of Civil 3D ground modelling system and experience in Flood Risk Assessments and drainage strategies;
- Experience of preparing and checking project design and assessmentcalculations, drawings, reports and contract documents;
- Accustomed to work on site such as inspections and contract supervision;
- Able to successfully communicate with suppliers, clients, contractors, the public and other engineers within the organisation;
- Familiar with Health & Safety, environmental and managerial procedures;
- Able to present / represent your technical work (presentations / meetings);
- Comfortable with assigning and checking the work of technicians/administrative staff;
- Cut and Fill analysis.
- Be working towards Chartership with a relevant professional body.
The company encourage their Engineers to have vision, problem-solving capabilities,ambition, enthusiasm, and drive. They recognise that people are the key to their success. They ensure that they provide their staff with a varied workload and encourage them to extend themselves in order to reach their full potential. The person They need should possess:
- A questioning / challenging approach - not be afraid to ask the rightquestion at the right time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements or seek guidance when unsure
- The ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- A commercial and client focused approach
Applicants should have an MEng (or equivalent) Civil Engineering Degree.
They are able to offer the successful Civil Design Engineer a wide variety of project work, and an interesting workload, significant opportunities within a growing company, a competitive salary and high quality mentoring from experienced colleagues. On Offer
In return for this Civil Design Engineer role you will receive a competitive salary, company benefits training/development opportunities and more. What To Do Next
If you are interested in this Civil Design Engineer opportunity in Liverpool, please click on the link to apply.
If you are interested in hearing about other roles in Civil or Structural Engineering, then please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now at or call . We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.