Exciting opportunity with a successful medium-sized Multi-Disciplinary Consultancy who have a requirement for the position of Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer based in Glasgow.
Our client's Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental engineering team pride themselves on an exemplary track record of providing innovative and sustainable ground engineering solutions, focussed on ensuring the best possible construction design advice to improve and protect the environment, while providing the facilities for day-to-day life. The Geotechnical Engineering team are an award-winning source of expertise, and offer a pro-active and collaborative approach to skill development and professional excellence.
Working closely with colleagues across their multi-disciplinary practice (in particular, their Civil and Structural Engineering teams), this is an excellent opportunity for a skilled and knowledgeable Geo-Environmental Engineer, or an Engineering Geologist with an environmental focus, to work on the design of some of the most exciting construction projects in the UK and worldwide.
- Provide specialist consultancy input on projects across all sectors including Education, Healthcare, Critical Systems, Industrial, Residential and Retail.
- Undertake detailed geoenvironmental analysis, lead site investigation and risk assessments (including Phase I and II land quality risk assessments and environmental due diligence).
- Undertake remediation design and verification.
- Manage and mentor junior staff and undertake detailed technical reviews of reports.
- Extensive background in a broad range of engineering geology and geoenvironmental engineering work including Phase I and Phase II assessments, waste classification, remediation method statements/strategies, remediation supervision and remediation verification.
- Extensive background in scoping, conducting and interpreting site investigations for a wide variety of schemes including for large / tall buildings in complex urban environments and for masterplanning.
- Have carried out Detailed Quantitative Risk Assessment (DQRA) for Human Health and/or Controlled Waters.
- Able to show a broad understanding of engineering geology and contaminated land issues.
- Bring proven working knowledge of BS 5930/Eurocode 7, BS10175, CIRIA 552, 665, 733 & 758, BS8485, BRE-SD1, LCRM and WM3.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce detailed, robust and defensible ground models and conceptual site models.
- Background in undertaking Tier 1 and Tier 2 qualitative and semi-quantitative contaminated land risk assessment is also essential.
- Able to demonstrate your ability to manage and develop more junior members of the team, and relate to more senior geotechnical staff and other engineering disciplines in a supportive and collaborative manner.
- Some basic geotechnical knowledge (i.e. assessment of appropriate bearing capacity, settlement analysis, working knowledge of earthworks etc.) and an education to MSc would be advantageous.
- Significant and demonstrable relevant industry background (e.g a minimum of 6 years in consultancy).
- Ideally holding Chartership.
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in geology, engineering geology, earth sciences, geochemistry or environmental science.
- Salary £48,000 - £70,000.
- Benefits package.
- Remote working - 3 days office; two days home.
To apply for the position of Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer, please submit your current CV.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to acknowledge every application. Bear in mind that if you are short listed you will be contacted in 7 days.
All Evan Craig vacancies require right to work in the UK