Position: Structural Engineer
Salary: Between £30K and £35K depending on the individual candidate's experience.
Due to continued growth, our client are currently looking for a Structural Engineer to assist in dealing with an increase in workload and the further development and expansion of the team and the Firm.
They are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic candidate to work on the design of various structural
engineering projects. These projects predominantly cover the north of England, centred on Leeds, but will occasionally include sites across the UK.
The post is within the structural engineering team which is responsible for the structural design of buildings for commercial, industrial, health, leisure, retail and residential sectors. The candidate should have a varied experience with new build projects and some with refurbishment projects. They should be proficient in the design of all major structural materials and possess a sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations. A working knowledge of the Eurocodes and Finite Element Analysis packages is essential.
The candidate will be working towards Chartered status. They should be eligible to live and work in the UK and will ideally have at least 3 years previous UK based consultancy experience within this field of work.
The suitable candidate must be motivated and enthusiastic and will possess:-
- Capability to work independently or with the design team.
- Knowledge and understanding of current technical standards.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good experience in the use of AutoCAD
- Previous experience in dealing with clients and architects.
- Commitment to continued professional development.
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence.
In return on offer is a competitive remuneration package which includes the following rewards and
• 26 days paid annual leave, comprising your birthday, 22 flexible days, and 3 days fixed over the Christmas period. In addition, 8 bank holidays are provided, and the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days additional leave.
• Flexible working, with up to 2 days per week working from home.
• Early Friday finish - 15:45 hrs
• Free on-site parking
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Chartered Professional fees paid
• Enrolment under the _Simply Health_ benefit scheme after 6 months service
• Childcare vouchers under the Busy Bees Scheme
• Social activities
• Annual Bonus Scheme
About the Company:
Our client are a Civil, Structural, Building Services and Geotechnical Engineering Consultancy, established in 1993. Based in Leeds and Manchester, but covering the whole of the country. They are a well established and acknowledged market provider of professional management and engineering design services. They work with Clients to achieve their aspirations and plans from initial feasibility and concept studies through to delivery and operation of facilities.
With professional staff with Chartered status, they provide expertise in Project Management, Building Surveying, Geotechnical and Geochemical Investigations and reporting, Geo-environmental Investigations and reporting, Topographical Surveys, Infrastructure Design, Specialist Foundation Design, Refurbishments and Flood Risk Assessments, all of which complement the core business of Civil, Building Services & Structural Engineering.