We are recruiting for a successful, medium-sized Multi-Disciplinary Consultancy for the position of Senior Geotechnical Engineer in London.
Our client's Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental engineering team pride themselves on an exemplary track record of providing innovative and sustainable ground engineering solutions. These are focused on ensuring the best possible construction design advice that seeks to improve and protect the environment, while providing important facilities for day-to-day life.
Offering specialist consultancy input on projects across all sectors, including Education, Healthcare, Critical Systems, Industrial, Residential and Retail, you'll work closely with colleagues across their multi-disciplinary practice (in particular, their Civil and Structural Engineering teams).
The Geotechnical Engineering team are an award-winning source of expertise, and offer a pro-active and collaborative approach to skill development and professional excellence. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer, or an Engineering Geologist to work on the design of some of the most exciting construction projects in the UK and worldwide.
- Undertake detailed geotechnical analysis, lead site investigation and geotechnical assessments (including Phase I and II assessments).
- Undertake design and specification of earthworks and design/specification of ground improvement, foundations (deep and shallow), ground improvement, temporary works designs and retaining walls.
- Assist in the management and mentoring of junior staff and undertake checking of calculations.
- Extensive background in a broad range of engineering geology and geotechnical engineering work including Phase I and Phase II assessments.
- Background in scoping, conducting and interpreting site investigations for a wide variety of schemes including for large / tall buildings in complex urban environments and for masterplanning.
- Able to show a broad understanding of engineering geology and geotechnical engineering issues.
- Proven working knowledge of BS 5930, BS EN 1997, BS10175, CIRIA 760, BS8004 and BRE-SD1.
- Demonstrate the ability to undertake assessment of slope stability, pile design and retaining wall analysis.
- Demonstrate an emerging ability to manage and develop more junior members of the team, and relate to more senior geotechnical staff and other company engineering disciplines in a supportive and collaborative manner.
- Able to present familiarity with a range of geotechnical software.
- Some basic geo-environmental knowledge and an education to MSc/MEng level would be advantageous.
- Significant and demonstrable relevant background (e.g a minimum of 5 years in consultancy).
- Ideally hold Chartership.
- BEng/MENg/BSc degree (or equivalent) in civil engineering, geology or engineering geology.
- Salary £45000 - £50,000.
- Industry-leading benefits package.
To apply for the position of Senior Geotechnical Engineer, please submit your current CV.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to acknowledge every application. Bear in mind that if you are short listed you will be contacted in 7 days.
All Evan Craig vacancies require right to work in the UK