Senior Geotechnical / Geoenvironmental Engineer is required for a Geotechnical/Geo environmental company.
You would be expected to be working to become a chartered professional with a developing technical capability and to be managing commercial projects given to you both technically and contractually, under guidance.
Your duties would include both site and office based work. Senior Engineers may hold technical specialisms and be starting to develop project management capabilities based on their developing technical skills and an awareness of company objectives and approaches.
Professional competency as considered by the appropriate professional body will underpin these qualities. You will be responsible to line managers from the Operations Team or senior staff at Principal Engineer Grade for the financial success of the projects and for the maintaining of client relations
The following competencies identify the criteria to be demonstrated:
* Be seen to be developing technical competence across one or more areas within; geotechnical, geoenvironmental, engineering geology and waste.
* Be a competent report writer - with reports identifying key elements including accurate ground models, site constraints, environmental issues, third party issues requiring minimal review and changes.
* Requirement to consistently provide reports with no errors in factual data.
* Requirement to consistently provide reports containing ground model/contamination risk assessment/design assumptions that are clearly presented and defensible. Senior Engineers should recognise that factual/interpretative reporting will provide the basis for information decision making and providing recommendations regarding the development of the site. They should be able to provide a reasoned defence of their interpretations/assumptions when questioned by more senior staff.
* A Senior Engineer should be aware of the types of decisions and conclusions that may be drawn for the report and would be expected to raise appropriate questions at this point, but not necessarily be able to provide the decisions/conclusions.
* Be able too present routine technical arguments verbally and within a report structure, showing ability to understand project requirements and the ability to communicate scenarios/solutions in technical English.
* Senior Engineers are required to be able to collect required data in accordance with SOPs, and to populate the relevant site forms and sheets with factually accurate data.
* Have an ability to self-check reports to give confidence in the report checker on accuracy such that minimal or no changes are required.
* Can demonstrate technical competence and confidence in meetings with clients, regulators, co-consultants and the like.
* Be working towards and showing progress in their formation as a competent professional at Chartered status by one or more recognised UK professional bodies i.e. CEng, CEnv, CGeol, and CSci.
* Be learning skills as a project manager in the running of routine investigation projects (typically £20-75k in value) and design projects to required standards meeting technical, financial and programme targets with the supervision from senior staff.
* Uphold the Mission, Vision and Values of the business and to help others to do so in their careers with the company.
* Have the habit of mind that sees field work and desk based work as an understanding process within a project and that it goes beyond data collection. And show understanding of the relationship between the various parts of their projects, for example:
* be able to select and justify exploratory hole positions,
* schedule and justify appropriate testing and
* undertake analysis/interpretation/design, that in combination shows an understanding of the project objectives, and the ground, conceptual or design model