Chief Geotechnical Engineer / Technical Director page is loaded Chief Geotechnical Engineer / Technical Director Apply locations GB.Birmingham.The Axis GB.Warrington.Chadwick time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago job requisition id R-076869 Job Description
We have an opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Chief Geotechnical Engineer / Technical Director
for either our Birmingham or Warrington offices to help support our rapidly expanding workload and impressive portfolio of prestigious geotechnical projects both in the UK and internationally.
We need to increase our team to meet the growing demands from our clients, especially in the infrastructure sector (particularly rail, highways & water) and the energy sector, which includes carbon capture & storage, renewable energy (wind, current and hydropower), low carbon engineering and nuclear power.
SNC-Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, with over 20,000 employees worldwide. At Atkins, we offer more than just a job. We offer an opportunity to make a difference and shape the world to benefit future generations and the natural environment. As one of the UK's leading geotechnical consultancies, Atkins offers a comprehensive service in ground technology. With more than 280 UK based geotechnical professionals, Atkins' geotechnical reputation is built on the skills, excellence and commitment of our people in all aspects of geotechnical engineering.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a leading role in the ground engineering input to some of our most challenging projects. We are looking for someone with the drive and enthusiasm to embrace the future in these exciting and rapidly evolving sectors.Requirements:
Candidates should have the right flare and ability that will help us develop and expand our infrastructure geotechnics capability by building on the existing portfolio of our rapidly expanding, flexible and outward looking team that can tackle work across a broad spectrum of sectors. The successful applicant will be a Chief Geotechnical Engineer / Technical Director with a proven technical and project management track record.An overview of typical responsibilities includes:
Candidates should have:
- Leading the geotechnical team for major rail, highway, maritime, tunnelling, building and land regeneration projects.
- Leading the geotechnical team for strategic bids.
- Developing your own network of business contacts to contribute to the growth of the ground engineering discipline.
- Representing Atkins at industry events.
- Integrating the team to our technical discipline and market leads.
- Mentoring of early career team members.
- Managing, motivating, mentoring and developing professional staff.
- Developing and then overseeing initiatives.
What we offer?
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following sectors: highways, rail, energy or water geotechnics.
- A strong academic background with a relevant degree (ideally MSc or equivalent).
- Chartered status.
- Proven experience of acting as a Chief Geotechnical Engineer / Technical Director in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment.
- Project management - experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to the engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
- Proven geotechnical design experience.
- Application of CDM Regulations in a design and ground investigation environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to develop and lead geotechnical design teams.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients.
- Good commercial track record in negotiating and running successful jobs.
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work.
- A willingness to travel on short assignments both within the UK and overseas.
- A valid UK driving licence.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office. Additional Information: This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance. We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability. #LI-INFRASTRUCTURE | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINSWorker Type
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy.
SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world. SNC-Lavalin connects people, technology and data to help shape and deliver world-leading concepts and projects while offering comprehensive innovative solutions across the asset lifecycle. Our expertise is wide-ranging-consulting & advisory, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and sustaining capital-and delivered to clients in four strategic sectors: EDPM (engineering, design and project management), Infrastructure, Nuclear and Resources, supported by Capital. People. Drive. Results. www.snclavalin.com