London, Newcastle, Guildford, Bicester, Cork or DublinAbout us:
Red Engineering, part of the ENGIE group, is a leading global engineering consultancy designing state-of-the-art systems in mission-critical buildings in the Technology and other sectors with offices in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia running projects in a wide range of countries.
We are in the process of building an Energy Transition team within Red with a unique set of technical and management skills. We have a clear objective of delivering Carbon neutral and zero water / waste buildings and processes by means of innovative designs which are future proofed for new fuels and technologies.
As part of this new team, we are now looking for an experienced and innovative Associate to be based in one of our UK/Ireland offices - London, Newcastle, Guildford, Bicester, Cork or Dublin.About the role:
You will be a key player in determining the direction and growth strategy of this new fast-expanding team reporting directly to an Associate or Principal in the Energy Transition team. The nature of this new sector is of a fast-changing landscape based on energy/water availability, client demands and new regulations, and this will require a creative and imaginative approach as we go to market with new and existing clients and design resilient low/zero Carbon systems to serve buildings, campuses and cities which are fuel-flexible and yet financially viable for investment. You will help to be part of a growing team of like-minded engineers with a passion for making a difference to achieve zero Carbon and deliver on the goals of a true circular economy.Your responsibilities also include:
- Overseeing smaller projects and playing a key part of a team delivering large projects both at the design and construction phases with responsibilities for coordinating and monitoring the activities of more junior members of the team.
- Close liaison with clients, suppliers and other members of the design team will be essential both to deliver projects as well as in a business development role.
- Providing support for the delivery of commercial bids to win new and additional work including for working with external partners and suppliers.
- Innovation will play a key part of this role and you will work closely with our R&D section to help bring the right technologies to market for each project.
- Building client / partner relationships will be key and the attendance of industry events for networking and business development will form a part of this position.
- The role will also include international travel to support projects, develop and maintain contact with other offices within the group as well as attending events and visiting clients / partners.
- Eng / B.Sc degree in engineering will be required
- Ability to show a sustained activity in your continuous professional development including membership of at least one professional institute pertinent to the built environment and/or energy industry, and working towards corporate membership
- A minimum of 3 years working in the built environment and / or energy & utilities sector with significant experience in design and project management activities.
- Fluency in English is essential
- Willingness to travel and work in different environments and under different conditions will be required to deliver projects working with local teams in a variety of regions and in engaging with clients, partners and suppliers internationally.
A UK driving license or equivalent would also be desirable.
- Company laptop, smartphone and home working equipment including a monitor and other ergonomic equipment.
- 23 days annual leave rising to 28 days annual leave over 5 years' service
- Group Life Cover
- Contributory Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday purchase and buy back scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Critical Illness Cover
- Group Income Protection
- Funded Training and professional memberships
- A 5-minute call with our Talent Acquisitionist to gather basic information about yourself e.g., notice period and right to work.
- A 1 st stage interview lasting 1 hour with Senior members of the team.
- A 1-hour final interview with senior members of the team.
Please note there may be additional stages depending on the availability of team members.Please note we cannot offer sponsorship at this time
.Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com
Location: London, Newcastle, Guildford, Bicester, Cork or Dublin