Principal/Associate Geotechnical Engineer£45,000+ per annum London Permanent
We are now seeking a competent and enthusiastic Principal or Associate Geotechnical Engineer to join our London team.
You will be involved in a broad variety of geotechnical and GeotEnvironmental projects, as well as working on larger projects with other disciplines within Clarkebond. Duties will include:
As the senior lead in the London office, you will be the focal point for other teams and external enquiries. You will be working closely with the Ground Engineering Director, while also advising and managing more junior engineers across the Clarkebond offices.
Duties will be varied an include scoping and tendering for work, supervising intrusive site investigations, data management, reviewing Phase 1 and II reports, geotechnical design of foundations, retaining walls, temporary works and earthworks, contamination assessments and compiling remediation strategies. Our ideal candidate will have:
- BSc in Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or an equivalent subject
- Experience as a geotechnical engineer
- Chartered or working towards chartered status
- Ability to confidently plan and execute site investigations
- Good knowledge of intrusive investigation techniques and the limitations associated with each site activity
- Competent at logging soil and rock to BS5930 and EC7
- Understanding of CDM health and safety requirements in site investigation
- Ability to undertake the financial control of projects and client liaison, independently managing projects to ensure delivery on time and to budget
This role requires site visits and design team meetings, therefore a driving license is preferable and willingness to travel is essential. Clarkebond (UK) Limited
Clarkebond (UK) Limited
Clarkebond is a multi-disciplinary engineering and management consultancy operating from a network of four offices in the UK - London, Bristol, Darlington and Exeter.