Project Engineer- Water Non-Infrastructure Projects - Thames Valley Region
Opportunity to join one of the UK's most successful Tier 1 building & civil engineering main contractors, with a very stable and fast growing forward order book working on a long term water framework.
Ideal opportunity for long term job security and local Thames Valley projects. Role:
Seeking a Project Engineer to join our clients Thames Water Framework team onsite in and around the Thames Valley region.
You will be responsible for carrying out regular site inspections to numerous technical standards to ensure works are carried out as per the works specifications. Duties:
- Managing the handover from construction, Commissioning to handover of the projects to Thames Water, this will include the below requirements.
- Looking through the project AIR (Asset Information Requirements) handover list and understanding the requirements of the list.
- Managing the production of O&M (Operation & Maintenance) files to handover to Thames's water.
- Managing the updating of the SOM (Site Operations manual) again to give to Thames Water as one of the deliverables.
- You will Help project teams including document controller's co-ordinate the collection of all handover documents according to the AIR list that will deliver exceptional Hand-over performance across the framework.
- You will initially work with the Commissioning Manager & Production Team and other subject experts to formulate a detailed and timed Hand-Over Delivery Plan incorporating the Company's and Thames Water's specific requirements. The plan will be regularly updated and will provide the basis for performance monitoring.
- You will ensure that Hand-Over requirements are considered from the earliest stages of project delivery, implementing our "starting with the end in mind" philosophy to provide reliable, efficient, and successful Project Hand-Over outcomes which delight Thames Water Operations.
- You will work closely with our Project Teams and Commissioning Manager and with Thames Water's Asset Engineers to safely delivery successful Project Hand-Over outcomes.
Supporting Production Line approach
- Hand-over compliance programmes:Work with Project Teams, Commissioning Manager and Thames Water Asset Engineers to generate Hand-Over compliance Plan during Project Brief/Outline Design stage thus positively influencing direction. Add further detail and granularity to these plans as the project develops.
- Process Systems and Records: Put in place robust processes and procedures that reflect the Company and Thames Water requirements and facilitate exceptional Hand-over performance. Ensure that take-over testing is undertaken comprehensively, and records and inspections are accurately and reliably produced and signed off. Ensure Quality Assurance Systems compliance.
- Resources: Help and co-ordinate the project teams to have sufficient competent resources to deliver the framework Hand-over requirements including appointing and supporting the development of technical apprentices and graduates.
- Project Management: Work closely with the Commissioning Manager to provide technical expertise and deliver all Hand-Over activities cost-efficiently and in accordance with the contract programme and applicable standards and specifications.
- Co-ordination: Coordinate internal and supplier resources and ensure close liaison with Thames Water operational and staff throughout project delivery and Hand-Over.
- Design: Strong collaborative approach to integrate our own and supply chain expertise with our designers (Arcadis)Making sure all Hand-Over deliverables are though about at the earliest point.
- Reporting: Provide monthly Hand-over reports to the commissioning manager and FLT team.
- Efficiency:Managethe planning and organisation of tasks, people and resources to maximise efficiency and improve wellbeing.
- Capacity and Competence: Put in place the appropriate training, mentoring and coaching arrangements to ensure that Hand-over teams (including Arcadis and Strategic Suppliers) have the appropriate technical skills and competence and exhibit the right culture and behaviours to deliver exceptional performance.
- Culture: Fully embrace the Company's and Thames Water's cultural vision, consistently demonstrating collaborative behaviours.
- Drive continuous improvement of data analysis and reporting.
- Proactively monitor commissioning activities against the agreed programme escalating and promptly resolving any issues.
To be considered for this Project Engineer role you must meet the following criteria:
- You will be a technically strong and analytical leader who can co-ordinate multiple work streams and meet challenging deadlines.
- You will have a detailed and competent technical knowledge of Clean/Wastewater system. This would ideally be in the water sector, but this is not essential.
- You will have an appreciation of MMC, Lean Construction, Agile Programme Management, Production Thinking, and other techniques that assure programme and quality performance.
- Can work independently or as part of a diverse team.
- Proficient in the use of computer packages and able to make up reports/Schedules to aid Hand-over planning and delivery of projects.
- Display a creative and forward-thinking approach to problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and engagement skills - ability to bring the whole team on the MMC journey including Thames Water and our specialist supply chain.
- Professional qualification is desirable.
- SMSTS safety qualification is desirable.
The successful Project Engineer will receive:
-£45,000 - £55,000 Basic
-Car / Allowance
-Pension(Matched up to 8%)
-26 days annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 3 days holiday)
-2 days volunteering opportunities
-Flexible Benefits scheme
To be considered for this vacancy or to find out more information please apply now.
Services advertised by Talk Recruitment are that of an employment business and/or agency.