Due to continuing success and growth of our AESG team, a fantastic opportunity has opened up at our award-winning Specialist Consultancy, Engineering and Advisory Firm.
We are headquartered in London, Riyadh, Singapore and Dubai, working throughout the Middle East, Europe and Asia. Our areas of expertise are represented in four core verticals: Building Engineering, Planning and Infrastructure, Strategy and Advisory and Commissioning, Handover and Asset Management.
We pride ourselves in being leaders in the industry in each of the services that we offer. We have one of the largest dedicated team with decades of cumulative experience in sustainable design, fire and life safety, façade engineering, commissioning, building performance, waste management, environmental consultancy, carbon management and acoustics.Job Description:
We are looking for a Director Energy Engineering with a track record in project management and delivery of sustainable energy management services to major construction projects. This role will principally be responsible for the development and directorship of AESGs energy consultancy business across the UK from both a technical and commercial standpoint.
Experienced leader required to establish and grow a dedicated energy engineering team as part of AESG's wider UK energy and sustainability department. The role will build on our existing energy service offering to provide advanced engineered solutions for our clients to meet their energy targets, across a diverse range of projects within both the new and existing build markets.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for energy and sustainability with a willingness to work across multiple disciplines and industries to drive the market towards more sustainable development.
The successful candidate will form part of AESGs dynamic Sustainability Development department located in our London headquarters. The role will include independent project management of complex design and construction projects, covering all aspects of the sustainable energy field including thermal dynamic modelling, Nabers Ratings, development of energy strategies, energy auditing, EPCs, DECs along with aspirational sustainability targets such as net-zero and decarbonisation strategies. Additionally, the position will develop and regularly monitor the energy team budget, financial forecasts, and other metrics to evaluate project performance and overall performance of division regionally.The ideal candidate fits the below profile:
- Strong understanding of commercials and contracts
- Committed to technical excellence
- High level of technical expertise with experience in numerous complex and prestigious projects
- Motivated and self-driven (entrepreneurial outlook)
- Experience in managing a multifaceted team
- Good relationship builders (internal and external)
- Driving quality and innovation on projects
Directing and overseeing all energy related functions in the UK, including but not limited to the following:
- Thermal dynamic modelling (in IES-VE) at all project RIBA stages
- Nabers Ratings (Design for Performance, DfP and Energy rating)
- Development of Energy and Decarbonisation strategies
- Financial responsibility of the division throughout the UK to ensure profitability
- Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs, DECs)
- Line management of the UK energy team
- Develop and regularly monitor the energy team budget, financial forecasts, and other metrics to evaluate project performance and overall performance of division regionally
- Overseeing commercial management of energy projects (invoicing, VOs)
- Responsible for building team, reviewing staff performance, coaching, mentoring employees, and driving training initiatives and continuous technical improvement in the division
- Driving quality and innovation on projects
- Providing technical leadership across the energy service lines
- Maintain overall responsibility for project delivery to high levels of Client satisfaction for all projects within the team
- Accountability for client relationship management for AESG Clients business-wise
- Lead business development activities to achieve revenue targets for energy team
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, with post-graduate education preferred
- Energy Assessor (ESOS, EPC, Nabers) a plus
- Mechanical Engineering Design, Energy Strategies, Retrofit and New Build, Commercial and Residential
- Experience leading a team of 10+ people, experience with business development and work winning
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience across the fields of sustainability and energy in buildings
- Develop business plans and strategies for capitalising on existing relationships and entering new markets
- Independently manage complex projects with multifaceted technical scope and stakeholder management both internally and externally
- Strong leadership, interpersonal / people management, and mentoring skills to support senior leadership in building the regional team, reviewing staff performance, coaching, mentoring employees, driving training initiatives and continuous technical improvement in the division
- Experience in managing PMC activities at a client / consultant level
AESG is a multidisciplinary specialist consultancy, offering a consultancy service and work environment like no other.
Through our world-class reputation for innovative thinking, pushing projects to out-perform expectations through smart application of planning, engineering and architectural solutions, our project portfolio includes some of the worlds most forward-thinking and exciting new developments.
The success of our company is built on the success of individuals. Our ability to achieve what we have is because our staff are driven, passionate and love what they do.
Through our progressive, lively and collaborative environment, we identify, foster and nurture the greatest strengths of our staff, and allow them the opportunity to flourish by offering positions of responsibility at an early stage, and providing clear career progression pathways for all.As an employee of AESG you can expect:
- Great career opportunities with access to huge variety of projects and incredible clients make your mark in a growing company and accelerate your career.
- Working on some of the worlds leading developments and tackling our clients greatest challenges
- Commitment in building on your areas of specialism and focal interest points, supporting your professional development through a structured training and mentorship program.
- Highly collaborative approach across the different technical service offerings
- Internal and external training opportunities where do you want to take your career? Well help you get there!
- Promotion of the importance of health and well-being of the team, including team building fitness activities, social events and the provision of a healthy work environment
- To be part of a dynamic and motivated team with an amazing team culture
Copyright 2023 | AESG | All Rights Reserved.