Morrison Energy Services is looking to recruit a Civil Project Engineer for our National GridElectrical Transmission contract, who will support Nationwide projects.
As a Civil Project Engineer you will be a part of our Electricity Transmission construction team who deliver National Grid and private generation company's 66kV to 400kV projects. This involves refurbishing existing and building new substations including associated OHL works and HV cabling. General overview of the role:
As a Civil Project Engineer you will report to the Civil Construction Manager/Project Manager & will assist in the co-ordination of all site activities (pre & post site mobilisation) ensuring the safe and timely delivery of the works on time, to cost and quality. Fully integrate, optimise and manage the "Project Lifecycle" of design, construction programme and project plan, ensuring that schemes are delivered in accordance with latest industry legislation, guidance and best practice, and support MES in always operating to the highest standards of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality.
Our clients are electrical transmission companies with diversified operations in Infrastructure Project Development, EPC Projects and refurbishment of existing infrastructure.
You will be expected to manage multiple disciplines - civil, mechanical and electrical engineering, instrumentation systems, telecommunications, quality assurance and control processes, and health and safety.
You will also be expected to represent the Company at appropriate client and regulatory authority reviews and meetings. Job Responsibilities:
- Working within the Electrical Transmission business unit delivering Capital Projects, coordinate execution of projects for the company on behalf of National Grid, SSE and Private Enterprise Clients.
- Ensure effective integration and management of the project design and delivery process inclusive of technical design, build, commercial and programme management for projects.
- Coordinate design teams through the client design verification and assurance process, with the aim of ensuring contractual key dates are met.
- Review, coordinate & advise of Temporary Works solutions to project construction teams & project specific TWC's. Assist project TWC & TWS throughout life cycle of schemes.
- Use client project management systems to raise and track contractual correspondence such as Early Warning Notifications and Compensation Events.
- Coordinate project programme development with Site Managers and Project Planners, and ensure timely submission of programme updates to the client.
- Prepare and submit project completion / handover documentation, including Health and Safety File information, and Inspection Test Plans.
- Advise & assist site project teams on constructability issues to resolve on site design related issues.
- Identify & liaise with MES project commercial teams regarding sub-contract work packages.
- Coordinate drawing mark ups with Site Managers, and development of as-built drawings, and ensure submission to client in line with contractual key dates.
- Attend project Inaugural and Pre-Start Site Meetings as necessary.
- Attend project coordination meetings as necessary.
- Undertake any additional tasks required to support the Construction Manager & Project Manager and the wider project management team in the efficient and safe running of the contract.
- Early project involvement regards civil constructability & installation methodology to enable detailed planning, programming & costing of tender bids for potential schemes prior to contract award.
- Identify, assist with forecasting & arranging resource requirements to maintain contractual programme milestones.
- Minimum three years relevant work experience in construction management delivering capital projects. Experience in electrical transmission and/or distribution is essential.
- CSCS card or equivalent.
- Full UK driving license.
- Related industry discipline, formal Civil qualification an advantage.
- Project Management Qualification an advantage.
What's in it for you?
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferential although not essential.
- Working knowledge of NG Transmission Procedures & Technical Specifications.
- Good understanding of Temporary Works requirements & classifications.
- Electrical Transmission knowledge is essential.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good relationship management skills.
- Strong communicator with ability to develop and work within collaborative client relationships.
- A sound knowledge of IT skills, Microsoft Office products and database platforms.
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Life Assurance
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
M Group Services delivers a range of essential infrastructure services within the water, energy, transport and telecommunications sectors in the UK & Ireland. We have built and maintained relationships with our clients over a number of years and have a strong culture that continuously focuses on safety, operational delivery, efficiency and customer service. We are committed to profitable growth both organically and through acquisitions. M Group Services, a trusted employer to over 10,000 skilled specialists working from 240 locations, operates a divisional structure aligned with its end markets. At M Group Services we recognise and value the benefits from our workforce diversity. We work hard to build and maintain inclusive environments and develop a culture where our people feel included and valued.