Our Environmental Compliance and Ground Engineering team is growing, and we need a recently promoted Senior Geotechnical Engineer or a Geotechnical Engineer ready to take the next step who is ambitious to develop their career further. You will work on some exciting new projects across the UK, with colleagues from a range of backgrounds and experience providing support and guidance to help you achieve your maximum potential.
We're RPS, our projects are all around you. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Our people are our success. We need people who share our passion on solving the problems that matter. And where you'll be supported every step of the way. Here is where you come to build a career.
What you'll be doing
Our ECGE team specialises in providing a wide range of clients with ground engineering consultancy support throughout the development lifecycle. There is a chance to grow and expand your career with a variety of work, from Phase 1 desk studies, Phase 2 ground investigations, interpretative reporting and geotechnical design. No projects are the same, and vary in size and complexity, making this a great opportunity to gain valuable experience as you progress through your career.
· Geotechnical data assessment, analysis, geotechnical design, risk assessment modelling and reporting
· Phase 1 geotechnical and geo-environmental desk studies
· Phase 2 Ground investigation procurement, supervision, field logging and sampling, monitoring and reporting
· Undertaking geotechnical design calculations in relations to the preliminary design of foundations slopes and earthworks.
· Supervising and monitoring of geotechnical related projects for infrastructure and land development projects
Who we're looking for
You will have recognisable experience in undertaking surveys and reporting. You'll also be comfortable working alone and as part of a team with the following experience:
· Strong understanding of UK geology and geotechnical/soil mechanics principles
· Practical experience of site investigation and laboratory techniques
· An understanding or experience of geotechnical design
· Experience of site investigation techniques and soil and rock logging and use of associated software and analysis tools
· Computer literacy in MS Office suite and ideally geotechnical reporting, design software and 3D modelling
· Enthusiastic team player willing to undertake site as well as office-based work
· Keen to learn and expand their experience with a positive approach to their own professional development
· Good communication (written and verbal) skills
What's in it for you?
Here you'll find true support and encouragement. We're an accredited training provider - from entry level to master's degree level professional qualifications in leadership & management and executive coaching & mentoring, we support learning and development for everyone.
A personal development plan and a transparent career pathway puts you in the driving seat of your career and you'll be supported as far as you want to go.
We encourage and value different ideas, perspectives, and styles of thinking. We need a mix of experiences and skills to develop the most innovative ideas. We respect one another and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. You'll be joining a diverse community and a company that puts its people first and prioritises their wellbeing.
We understand the need to work flexibly, with agile offices and hybrid working offered as standard, we're happy to talk about flexible working. This is a workplace that works for you.
What happens next?
The Talent Acquisition Team will be in touch to let you know the outcome of your application. If your application is progressed, you'll have a conversation with one of our recruiters and then there'll be a two-stage interview process with the Team.
All applications will be considered, and we will try our best to respond to you within seven working days. #LI-RA1
Our commitment to Diversityand Inclusion
Mindful that a truly inclusiveorganization must make appropriate use of talent on a global basis and withoutunnecessary barriers, we are committed to embedding diversity and inclusionprinciples in all People processes in order to be as diverse as the communitiesand clients we work with, thereby securing, developing, and retaining the bestavailable talent for the company's future.
Our approach to Diversityand inclusion
Our people live our purpose,deliver our promise, and demonstrate our behaviours every day. Our behavioursdefine who we are. Developed by our people, they underpin everything that wedo. They create the memorable experiences we are known for and make RPS a greatplace to do great work.
‘Stronger Together' is one ofour five core behaviours and it is inherent in creating an inclusive workplace:
‘We are respectful,acknowledge diversity, and recognise the potential and contribution ofeveryone. We bring out the best in one another, always assuming best intent.People who learn and grow thrive in our business, sharing in our success.'
We have a Preferred Supplier List oftrusted partners to assist us when required and do not acknowledge anyspeculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies not onthis list. Please refer to the careers page on our website if you require anyfurther information.