Drainage/Flood Risk Engineer £30,000 - £65,000 Anywhere UK
My Client is the UK's largest independent property consultancy and this is a unique opportunity to join our specialist and well established Environmental Team based in Birmingham.
they are seeking a talented and motivated Drainage/Flood Risk Engineer to join the Environmental Team.
You will have a varied workstream with projects ranging from provision of due diligence advice during property transactions, outline and detailed drainage design, preparation of Construction Cost Assessments, knowledge of trade effluent compliance and of General Binding Rules as relating to small sewage discharge. You will be working daily with a diverse range of both public and private sector clients.
You will have excellent drainage/flood risk knowledge and be able to input on drainage and flood risk matters whilst at the same time be able to distil complex information in a succinct, client friendly manner.
The successful candidate will work closely with our Drainage Engineer, Flood Risk Manager, AutoCAD Technician, the wider Environmental Team and other property colleagues within Avison Young. The Role will Involve:
Position - Essential Requirements Include:
- Assisting in the delivery of surface water and foul drainage schemes to support planning and the construction phase;
- Undertake hydraulic calculations using MicroDrainage software;
- Preparation of tender stage drainage drawings, specifications and response to tender queries;
- Technical review of drainage design and calculations undertaken by others;
- Scoping out, commissioning, supervising and the management of sub-contractors; and
- Preparing drainage due diligence reports and advising on abnormal development costs to support property transactions.
Position - Desirable but not Essential Requirements Include:
- A minimum BSc/BEng in Civil Engineering, Hydrological or allied subject;
- Working towards or existing Chartered Engineer;
- Minimum of 3 years' experience;
- Ability to undertake site inspections across the UK;
- Excellent technical report writing skills;
- Clear and confident communication skills and previous consultancy experience of liaising with clients, contractors, surveyors, water companies and local councils;
- Working knowledge of MicroDrainage;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 2D/3D;
- Working knowledge of the principles of SuDS, British Standards Sewers for Adoption, etc.;
- Working knowledge of planning legislation in relation to drainage standards in England, Wales and Scotland; and
- A clean UK driving licence.
Position Remuneration - Terms and Conditions
- Experience of producing Flood Risk Assessments; and
- Experience of planning and development control in relation to flooding issues and climate change;
- Understanding of flood risk modelling and the relative merits of appropriate modelling systems (note this is not a modelling role);
- Development of flood response plans; and
- Providing advice and guidance on the implications of current policy, regulatory and industry guidance and legislation to the property industry.
- Salary - competitive and will depend upon calibre /track record
- Car allowance
- Contributory Company private pension scheme
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Flexible Benefit Scheme
- Enrolment in the Company Staff Profit Share (SPS) scheme that is dependent upon business performance
- All candidates must have valid permit to live and work in the UK
- Flexible working arrangements