In today's world it's important to work for a company that has clear purpose, giving back to communities and supporting what is truly important in the world.
When considering a career move its vital to work for a business that is aligned to your values and goals, a place where you can belong. See what WSP stands for in 2023 and beyond…
We are currently looking for a Senior or Principal Geotechnical Engineer, to sit within our Edinburgh or Glasgow office. This role is available on either a full-time or a part-time basis. Your new role, whats involved?
Wed love to hear from you if you have:
- The development of professional and technically competent reports and liaison with specialists and clients, making use of efficient working practices to provide industry leading, best value services.
- Effectively managing and delivering project work with robust project financial management.
- Assisting in the management of team resources and allocation of appropriate project resources.
- Managing, motivating, mentoring and developing professional staff.
- Providing support in all aspects of project delivery including client liaison, contractors and sub consultants, public and statutory body consultation, quality control and management of specialists.
- Site based work supervising ground investigation and construction.
Whats in it for you?
- Technical expertise in geotechnical engineering or Engineering Geology with a demonstrable understanding of the underlying principles.
- Consultancy experience with demonstrably good commercial awareness and relationships with clients & contractors.
- Experience in the delivery of geotechnical projects, including preparing reports to a high technical level.
- An understanding of client requirements and the ability to influence contract specifications.
- Excellent report-writing and client liaison skills.
- Proven previous experience of undertaking and managing: geotechnical / engineering geology desk studies; designing, procuring & supervising Ground Investigations (GIs); checking Ground Investigation Reports & Geotechnical Design Reports in accordance with the requirements of Eurocode 7 : Part 1.
- Working knowledge of Eurocode 7 and UK annex design codes, ground investigation and construction contracts and specifications.
- Familiarity and an ability to interrogate a wide range of geotechnical / geology software for the design of civil engineering projects including deep and shallow foundations (including pile group analysis), embedded and gravity retaining walls, earthworks/slope stability and reinforced earthworks.
- The skills to check and critically evaluate the work done by others, be it drawings, calculations or reports, and have a proven track record of doing so.
WSP recognises that work is only one part of your life and making time for other things is important - whether that's for your families, friends, or yourself.
Our hybrid working policy allows the flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home as well as collaborating in our contemporary offices across the UK.
We want our people to achieve rewarding careers, bringing their whole selves to work. We celebrate integrity and treat people with respect, supporting each other and embracing diversity to create a culture of inclusion and belonging at WSP.
Our employee resource groups VIBE (LGBTQ+ employees), CREED (Championing Racial Equality and Ethnic Diversity) and our Gender Balance Group, in tandem with WSP's Neurodiverse Community Group, WSP Connect Group (visible and non-visible disabilities) help us promote the right environment for you to reach your full potential.
We are committed to supporting our people, giving you the tools to make improvements to your health and wellbeing through our Thrive programme.
Med24 gives you and your family unrestricted telephone access to an NHS doctor where you can call day or night or have a face-to-face video consultation.
For improved work life balance, WSP offers the "WSP Hour" which enables you to take one hour per day to do as you wish and make up the time earlier or later that day. We also offer part time and flexible working arrangements plus the option to flex your bank holiday entitlement to suit you.
We appreciate that development and training is important to you and that's why we have a supportive environment that invests in your development, whether that's chartership, training or mentoring.