We are currently recruiting for a number of Site Engineers
with experience in various disciplines to work across a number of our key projects in Edinburgh city centre.Why join us?
In the 152 years since our foundation, Sir Robert McAlpine has worked on some of the country's most iconic buildings and projects. Our success through the decades has been down to our people - we're a family-owned business with a culture that brings out the best in individuals and teams.
Right now, we're excited about continuing our legacy. This is where to achieve more from your career, by proudly building Britain's future heritage with us.The Site (known internally as Package) Engineer role
- As a member of the project team, reporting to the Chief Engineer, you will be responsible for a number of key tasks on site, including; setting out, progress mark ups, Q&A, surveying, creating reference points, keeping records, etc.
- The role requires some level of interfacing between internal departments and external agencies, such as Architects, Engineers, Construction Workers, Sub-contractors, Client agents, Clerk of Works and Site Staff, as well as some coordination of sub-contractors to ensure SRM obligations to sub-contractor are understood and discharged.
- You'll also be involved in regular site progress meetings with sub-contractors to monitor progress, quality and safety, etc. to ensure the Chief Engineer and Project Manager/Project Director are updated on all issues
- Ideally a Degree in civil engineering, Construction Management or related field
- Ability to prepare a 3 week look-ahead programme with assistance of project planner
- Proven working experience in package management and ideally within disciplines such as cladding/facades, drainage, etc.
- Knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- A passion for completing jobs effectively, on time and with quality in mind
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage. Apply online now.
Sir Robert McAlpine is focused on being a truly inclusive employer, even if you don't meet every single requirement, we'd still love to hear from you. Especially if you're part of a group that is under-represented in Construction. Our goal is for Sir Robert McAlpine to proportionally represent the diversity of the working population in society. As a family-run business with strong family values, our aim is to ensure that Sir Robert McAlpine is a supportive, empowering and inclusive environment for every member of our team.