Location: Lincoln LN5 0HX / Peterborough PE11YN
As key members of a multi-disciplinary team, Senior Civil Engineers will apply their technical knowledge and managerial skills to deliver innovative and economic projects that meet our client's requirements. The company is a market leader in the use of BIM to create Digital Assets for the Rail, Industrial, Building, and Energy Sectors, and leading the production of these projects on a day-to-day basis will place the Senior Civil Engineer at the forefront of the industry.
As a leader of a team, the Senior Civil Engineer will recognise the benefit that personally reviewing and monitoring the professional development of junior staff in the team will bring to themselves, their team, and the company.
Assist the Associate Director with client liaison and ensure that the project meets the client's objectives and requirements. Act as key client contact for project delivery, representing all company services daily.
Identify opportunities to increase services provided on each project.
Participate in the preparation/presentation of proposals/bids as required including estimating timescales and costs for proposed works.
Under the guidance of the Associate Director, act as Project Manager on small to medium-sized/risk projects and assist with the management of teams for a particular programme of work with a view to develop financial and project management skills. In particular: arrange and run project communication meetings; produce project programmes and resourcing schedules; monitor and report upon delivery against agreed timescales and budgets; identify, produce, and agree variations; and manage client expectations.
Key Account Management
Implement actions within Key Account Plans as required.
Project Budget Control
Produce deliverables in accordance with the allocated budget.
Health and Safety
Assist in developing and maintaining the Company's H&S First culture.
Assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others' health, safety, and security as defined in the Company Health and Safety Policy to include:
Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks.
Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills.
Reporting potential risks identified
Proactively encourage employees under your jurisdiction to work safely and commit to health and safety including training.
Undertake thorough checking of the technical content of work carried out by others to ensure that deliverables are correct and in accordance with all relevant standards and regulations.
Ensure that all work is carried out in full compliance with the Company's Procedures. Participate in Quality Audits and ensure that any non-conformances are closed out within agreed timescales, and proactively adopt/disseminate best practice wherever it is identified.
Personal Objectives, Learning and Development
Provide technical guidance and training to junior staff and assist, where practicable, in the mentoring and development of staff.
Appraise staff through the PDR process and provide guidance to filling development needs.
• Qualified to either Degree level in a relevant discipline with a range of relevant experience.
• Near Chartered (incorporated) or chartered.
• CSCS Card
• Be capable of working on their own initiative, with minimal supervision, and have a reputation for delivering projects within budgets and deadlines.
• Be able to work in close collaboration with team members of other disciplines and have an appreciation of their role.
• Have knowledge of relevant Design Standards and Legislation
• Have awareness of all relevant technologies and innovations
• Can make site decisions.
• Have high attention to detail.
• Have good organization and prioritizing skills.
• Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Able to work effectively both individually and enjoy contributing to the wider team to achieve targets and objectives as required.
• Demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm.
• Familiarity with relevant software packages such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and other software
26 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
Employee health and well-being program
Our company culture is second-to-none, with a real family ethos and a focus on looking after every single employee