In today's world it's important to work for a company that has clear purpose, giving back to communities and supporting what is truly important in the world.
When considering a career move it's vital to work for a business that is aligned to your values and goals, a place where you can belong. See what WSP stands for in 2023 and beyond…Your new role, whats involved?
Working as part of a team delivering solutions to a wide range of complex flooding problems, you will provide advice and guidance to junior engineers and hydraulic modellers, as well as applying your technical skills to projects of local and national importance.You can expect to:
- Provide technical input on urban drainage projects
- Have technical oversight of engineers and hydraulic modellers, ensuring high-quality outputs
- Support the development of engineering solutions, from feasibility studies to detailed design
- Oversee the preparation of reports and supporting drawings, specifications and schedules
- Develop and maintaining excellent client relationships at all levels
- Be multi-disciplinary and client-facing, co-ordinating project meetings both internally and with clients
- Contribute to the learning of the wider team through knowledge sharing exercises
- Promote the WSP brand through appropriate industry forums and conferences
As a Senior Engineer you will occupy a pivotal role within the high-performing Exeter Flooding and Drainage team and will have the opportunity to shape its ongoing development. The team comprises a mix of engineers and hydraulic modellers with a wide range of industry experience, and services projects across the full spectrum of WSP's client base.You could find yourself supporting the team in:
Wed love to hear from you if you have:
- Constructing integrated catchment models to solve fluvial or pluvial flooding problems
- Reviewing engineering designs for urban drainage projects
- Working on high-profile projects, including HS2, Smart Motorways
- Helping local authorities to prevent flooding to homes and businesses
- Developing fee proposals and winning work
- Managing budgets and projects to ensure successful delivery
- Ensuring the team remains highly skilled, engaged and motivated to deliver
Whats in it for you?
- A degree in a relevant discipline (civil or environmental engineering, construction, environmental science, geography, mathematics, etc.)
- A chartered membership (or equivalent) of a relevant professional institution (e.g. ICE/CIWEM), or are approaching chartership.
- Sound knowledge and experience in urban drainage design and an ability to check the technical outputs of others prior to issue.
- Experience or understanding of hydraulic modelling, using industry-standard software (e.g. InfoWorks ICM, MicroDrainage, or similar).
- A high degree of competence with AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with any industry-standard geographical information system (e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS, MapInfo, etc.).
- A high degree of computer literacy and an ability to work without supervision.
WSP recognises that work is only one part of your life and making time for other things is important - whether that's for your families, friends, or yourself.
Our hybrid working policy allows the flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home as well as collaborating in our contemporary offices across the UK.
We want our people to achieve rewarding careers, bringing their whole selves to work. We celebrate integrity and treat people with respect, supporting each other and embracing diversity to create a culture of inclusion and belonging at WSP.
Our employee resource groups VIBE (LGBTQ+ employees), CREED (Championing Racial Equality and Ethnic Diversity) and our Gender Balance Group, in tandem with WSP's Neurodiverse Community Group, WSP Connect Group (visible and non-visible disabilities) help us promote the right environment for you to reach your full potential.
We are committed to supporting our people, giving you the tools to make improvements to your health and wellbeing through our Thrive programme.
Med24 gives you and your family unrestricted telephone access to an NHS doctor where you can call day or night or have a face-to-face video consultation.
For improved work life balance, WSP offers the "WSP Hour" which enables you to take one hour per day to do as you wish and make up the time earlier or later that day. We also offer part time and flexible working arrangements plus the option to flex your bank holiday entitlement to suit you.
We appreciate that development and training is important to you and that's why we have a supportive environment that invests in your development, whether that's chartership, training or mentoring.