Project Manager/Civil Engineer
Boyd Recruitment are currently working alongside a Tier 1 Main Contractor who are looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager/Civil Engineer to be based in Edinburgh.
As Project Manager/Civil Engineer you will manage and deliver a quality service and product in line with the project goals.
• Manage the engineering, design/installation process, and to minimise risks.
• Understand duties and responsibilities with regards to current Health and Safety/CDM legislation, including those of other parties and ensure compliance.
• Produce, implement and approve where appropriate, Inspection & Test Plans (ITP) ensuring accurate and up to date records are maintained.
• Ensure Non-conformance Reports (NCR) are issued recorded, closed out and the NCR register kept up to date.
• Communicate programme risks to the Contract Manager and produce records and notices for contractual correspondence.
• Attend, and chair where appropriate, meetings with Client, Designers, Specialist Contractors and other team members.
• Contribute to the regular Project Reports, attend Project Meetings and contribute value engineering skills.
• Review designers and contractor's drawings for completeness of information and compliance with contract requirements.
• Check ongoing installation for compliance with contract requirements.
• Provide expertise in planning and executing the materials handling equipment commissioning.
• Responsible for the engineering works on their projects in conjunction with the project team.
• Produce monthly Status Reports and provide guidance in the production of the project programme.
• Represent our client at Pre-qualification, Pre-tender and Tender meetings and presentations.
• Manage the project in line with the contract, including any amendments.
• Maintain and report information to the CM and QS as requested for contractual notices and other correspondence with the client and subcontractors.
• Fully understand Requirements, Contractors Proposals and contract sum analysis including preliminaries budget.
• Attend sub-contractor pre-let meetings, contribute to production of sub-contract orders, ensuring site management are aware of the scope and content.
• Ensure the client, CM and QS are kept appraised of variations to the works and any matter likely to have commercial or contractual implications.
The ideal candidate for the Project Manager/Civil Engineer position will be ambitious with the drive to establish themselves within this growing business.
Ideally you will have the following:
Experience working as a Project Manager within the civils industry.
Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Good understanding of site programmes and project delivery
IT proficient with Microsoft Packages, including Microsoft Excel.
The successful candidate must be willing to work throughout the UK
To apply to the Project Manager/Civil Engineer role please attach an up-to-date CV