JOB TITLE: Water Hygiene / Compliance Technician
LOCATION: Brent Cross Shopping Centre, NW4 3FP
SHIFT PATTERN: Mon-Fri 08:00 - 17:00
SALARY: Up to £27,000
ROLE OVERVIEW AND PURPOSE
The Multi-skilled water hygiene/compliance technician will be responsible in helping to deliver reactive and planned maintenance works on the Brent Cross site. The delivery of these works will be through the utilisation of core skills and competencies of the role holder, with those tasks raised aligned to the skillset available.
* Service and inspection of all wet system services, aligning to the requirements of HSG274 and the control legionella bacteria in water systems. These duties will include but are not limited to - Temperature monitoring, water sampling, TMV failsafe and associated maintenance, CWST inspections and disinfections, system flushing and showerhead maintenance.
* Ensuring that all water hygiene requirements of the campus are met through the successful delivery and compliance to HSG274.
* • Undertaking remedial actions to all maintenance activities that lay outside of the control of bacteria requirements, ensuring that these remedial actions are recorded and completed and bringing the system back to compliant state.
* Undertaking a lead role within the engineering team, as a technical expert for all water hygiene issues, to help ensure that the compliance obligations of the campus are achieved or escalated to the relevant duty holder and responsible person.
* Responsibility for all works assigned to them through CAFM, being accountable for the attendance to each task within the SLA and providing any updates in a swift/concise manner where tasks cannot be completed.
* Effectively communicate to the respective team leader/Supervisor on any tasks that may have a critical or business impact to either ABM or Brent Cross.
* Utilisation of the mobile working device (PDA), ensuring that all times are captured correctly for each task, alongside providing detailed notes in the comments section.
* To act as an escort/guide/supervisor for any contractors coming to site, and on behalf the management team.
* Provision of quotes, with all costs for materials being provided to the Tech Co-ordinator ready for submission/approval.
* Ensure that all maintenance tasks that are carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems meet and exceed expectations and agreed service level agreements.
* Effective materials management and helping support the team leader, in managing and maintaining stock levels within the stores.
* Plant areas, workshops, stores, changing/rest areas etc. are kept to the highest level of housekeeping.
* Physical Fitness with the ability to lift 20kg through manual handling.
* A high level of initiative in ensuring that proactive maintenance is undertaken or supported.
* A smart presentable uniformed appearance, with presenting ABM in a professional manner.
* Advanced communication skills with a full understanding of customer needs & expectations.
* Ability to comprehend and act upon both verbal and written instructions
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Legionella/water management background, holding current legionella certification