We are an innovative team of infrastructure design engineers and designers that supports projects throughout North America. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s engineers and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence. We have openings for a variety of Civil, Structural, Drainage and Utility Engineers for our Design Engineering Services Group at our newly opened Westlake, TX office. You will have the opportunity to work on our design-build and progressive design build transportation projects and pursuits across the country and abroad. If you have expertise or interest to dive into highway, transportation, or drainage/water resources engineering with opportunity for career growth to lead teams, or work into a design management role - apply today!
For experienced transportation & infrastructure engineers that have performed design work and interested, we would be open to considering your application.
Kiewit provides our engineers the opportunity to see their designs come to life! You’ll be exposed to construction means and methods, and estimating which leads to increased expertise in a construction focused engineering group, giving the successful candidate a unique opportunity to learn from experienced engineers and the contractor about what makes a great design. You will see projects from initiation and concept refinement to final engineering and be able to follow projects through construction and closeout.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers' Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Work location is based out of our Westlake, TX office. Maybe eligible for relocation assistance for candidates that is 50+ miles outside of the Dallas/Ft. Worth or Westlake area.
You will be a key member of our design engineering team, responsible for completing engineering assignments relevant to your area of expertise and discipline as either utility, bridge, roadway, traffic or drainage design. You can expect to develop designs; and prepare plans, reports, and technical memoranda. Other general responsibilities can include but not be limited to:
- Lead design tasks, acting in responsible charge as needed
- Lead and produce designs for transportation projects within North America through coordination with multi-disciplined design teams
- Coach, and mentor interns and more junior staff.
- Oversee/create surface models utilizing similar design software RELEVANT to area of discipline, i.e. models Microstation, OpenRoads Designer, CivilStorm, Civil 3D, HEC, HydroCAD, CSiBridge, LARSA, L-Pile, SAP 2000, Revit, Tekla or similar software programs
- Participate in interdisciplinary design coordination to ensure that project elements are compatible among disciplines
- Create preliminary design concepts and alternatives features to support cost estimating
- Support project communications and technical meetings, provide coordination to resolve design issues
- Support plan production, specifications, estimate and design development and will be responsible / in charge of engineering work and may be the Engineer of Record for final design projects.
- This position required occasional travel to project offices and work sites as needed
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering
- Active PE license or ability to obtain within 9 months for certain level
- 4+ years’ U.S. design experience in EITHER utilities, structures, bridges, roadway, highway, transportation or drainage design.
- Water resources, hydraulics, hydraulics or hydrology in transportation or land development is a plus.
- Experiences with variety of design standards for water, sewer, gas, petroleum, electric, communications is a plus.
- Working knowledge of AASHTO, USDOT/FHWA, general ASCE standards of governance, or Subsurface Utility Engineering is highly desired
- Design/Build experience preferred
- Experience developing construction plans for transportation projects is preferred
- Must have strong written/verbal communication skills
- Able to travel as needed to other Kiewit offices and project sites