Infrastructure Consulting & Engineering, PLLC (ICE) is currently looking to add an experienced Water Resource Engineer to our team in the Charleston, SC office. Our Hydrological and Hydraulic Services include roadway drainage plans, bridge hydraulic analysis, storm sewer design, ditch design, culvert analysis, pond design, energy dissipation design, FEMA analysis, flood control modeling, scour analysis, riverine analysis for multidimensional flow, erosion and sediment control, NPDES permitting and stormwater management. This position will work closely assisting the Project Managers in the completion of drainage aspects of traditional design-bid-build and alternative delivery infrastructure projects. Duties will include hydrologic & hydraulic modeling, scour analysis, highway drainage design, and stormwater management while complying with local, State DOT, and DHEC requirements.
- Perform drainage design on highway and bridge construction projects.
- Review documents and design work for compliance with plans and specifications.
- Perform engineering calculations and develop hydrologic and hydraulic models.
- Prepare designs to include state stormwater management plan requirements.
- Help mentor younger engineers in hydrology and hydraulics.
- Participate in field investigations, some travel may be required in the Southeast.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field required.
- PE required with 4-7 years of water resources experience perform drainage design on highway and bridge construction projects required.
- Experience in the fields of hydrology and hydraulics required.
- Prior experience with SCDOT hydraulic design desired.
- Experience with computer programs such as MicroStation, GEOPAK Drainage, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, TR-20, FHWA Hydraulics Toolbox, HY8, etc. or similar type programs required.
- Valid Driver's License with safe 3-year driving record.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder required.
Must be able to work in a sedentary position for up to eight to ten hours per day. Must have visual acuity to recognize, change, and add minute details on CAD drawings. May be required to lift heavy objects, excessive walking, driving, bending, and reaching, pointing, or directing objects or materials. The general physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Expected Hours of Work
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Infrastructure Consulting & Engineering, PLLC (ICE) is a full-service transportation consulting and design firm specializing in highways, bridges/structures, hydrology/hydraulic design, geotechnical engineering, and foundation testing, environmental documentation (NEPA) construction services, and aviation design. Our firm has grown to over 425 employees since its inception in 2005 which includes over 100 Licensed Professionals (PE, RLS, LG, & RLA), numerous Civil Engineering Graduates who are certified engineers-in-training, Utility Coordination Managers, fully equipped surveying crews led by a Licensed Registered Survey Manager, a construction management and inspection division of more than 150, and numerous CADD Technicians and support personnel. ICE is led by an Executive Committee and Management Team who have acquired more than 175 years of transportation engineering experience collectively. These individuals take a results-driven approach to meeting the specific needs of our clients.
Our success depends on the talent, professionalism, and commitment of our employees. ICE offers a comprehensive benefits package that is designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. As part of our employee-centric culture, ICE offers the following benefits to all full-time employees: Health Care Insurance, Dental and Vision Group Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts or a Health Savings Account, Accident Care and Critical Illness Coverage Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match, Education Assistance and Professional Associations and Registrations, Recruitment Bonuses, Employee Assistance Programs, Identity Guard Insurance, Paid Time Off with 9 Paid Holidays, Paid Jury Duty and Bereavement Leave.
ICE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages qualified veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply. ICE does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, national origin or ethnicity, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, disability, or veteran status, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.