The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA), headquartered in Center City Philadelphia, is the sixth largest transportation system in the United States, with a vast network of fixed route services including bus, subway/elevated, trackless trolley, light rail, and commuter rail serving a 2,200 square mile service region.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Senior Project Engineer (1014) - Bridges & Buildings in the B&B/Bridges & Buildings with an annual salary of $108,160.00 and an additional $5,000 salary increase for having a PE License.
This position is responsible for undertaking engineering/quality assurance assignments that are considered to be of "significant complexity" in size and scope. This position is further responsible to provide technical support and direction for engineering/quality assurance activities including the definition and coordination for design review and implementation, establishing inspection plans, program/project development and consulting, statistical methods, audits, and continuous improvement approaches to ensure activities are consistent with SEPTA mission values and goals. In this role the Senior Project Engineer designs bridges, buildings, and structural repairs.
- Consults with managerial level as necessary in project/program definition.
- Exercises proper judgment in application of advanced engineering and quality assurance principles.
- Assists in preparation of budgets for proposed projects/programs and work to be contracted to a third party.
- Demonstrates effective technical writing skills.
- Provides highly specialized technical expertise in support of project/program activities.
- Assists manager on request in furtherance of his/her duties.
- Complies with all Authority and departmental safety and security policies and procedures as well as all applicable job safety responsibilities. Reports any safety concerns, compromises or hazards affecting operations, the public, self and/or other employees. Responsible for personal safety and is encouraged to promote the safety of others.
- Responsible for Engineering design and analysis in assigned field (Structural design, buildings and bridges).
- Responsibilities shall include conceptual, preliminary, final design, and costing of projects as directed by senior level supervision/management. Implement design plans, specifications, and construction procedures in areas of responsibility.
- Participate in field investigations relative to adequacy of end product(s) being acceptable. Accumulate sufficient knowledge of current state-of-the-art processes, procedures and availability as they affect ones assignment.
- Possess the experience to detect appropriate contract/specification compliance in work assignments involving internal and/or third party contractors.
- Generate, review, and implement compliance processes for regulated infrastructure.
- Ensure documentation accuracy in order to obtain all required certifications.
- Perform field equipment inspections, participate in problem resolution with maintenance staff, and generate and track service requests.
- Generates written memoranda, technical reports, audits, etc. and interfaces with government agencies when appropriate to support compliance requirements.
- Utilizes and maintains the Departmental Engineering Website.
- Train peers and/or subordinates as required.
- Oversees Departmental use of various types of engineering software and Computer Assisted Design (CAD) system to ensure consistent quality engineering/architectural documents.
- Complies with all Authority and departmental safety and security policies and procedures as well as all applicable job safety responsibilities.
- Reports any safety concerns, compromises or hazards affecting operations, the public, self and/or other employees. Responsible for personal safety and is encouraged to promote the safety of others.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil engineering field, and seven (7) years of proven relevant (structural design experience in the field of bridges or buildings) engineering experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant engineering and project management or related experience, PE registration is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in the latest Microsoft Office suite required.
- Proficiency in CAD required.
- Knowledge of all state, local, applicable design and construction permit codes for the assigned area is required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Familiarity with various types structural design engineering software preferred.
- Medical Benefits – “Minimal annual premium contribution”
The following benefit plans have “No Employee annual premium contribution”:
- Prescription Benefits Program
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
Additional benefits we offer:
- Pension Plan / Retirement Savings Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Voluntary Governmental 457B Deferred Comp Plan
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- SEPTA Transportation Pass – FREE travel on all SEPTA modes of transportation
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, SEPTA is a qualified employer
Please apply at: https://jobs.septa.org/job/Philadelphia-Senior-Project-Engineer-%281014%29-Bridges-&-Buildings-PA-19107/867449900/
SEPTA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.