Loudoun Water, located in Ashburn, VA, is a public utility that provides water and wastewater service to customers in Loudoun County. The Project Support Office (PSO) was initiated to facilitate a project management workflow to manage the delivery of projects using consistent practices, tools, and processes. The PSO is in the process of implementing these measures and this individual under the supervision of the PSO Manager will support and work to implement project management practices and identify project management tools across the organization. Essential functions include:
- Research current trends using project management data and support the PSO Manager in preparing training materials and presentations.
- Coordinates with all project managers to collect monthly reports and conducts auditing for completeness and accuracy of the provided information.
- Reviews information provided by the project managers in monthly reports and tracks project management metrics.
- Coordinates and works with engineering administration to identify purchase orders issued and standardize information using a project database.
- Prepares project summary reports as required by other departments or executive management.
- Provides support for document management and updates project management manual materials and other materials, centralizing in database/folders.
- Coordinates with project managers and provides support as required to prepare project plans.
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to analyze project data (scope, schedule, budget, etc.), understand variances in project management metrics, and with knowledge of project management strategies, processes, and tools. The individual shall have computer skills, and a basic knowledge of project management software, MS Office tools, and document management. The individual shall work well with others, have an eye for detail with excellent problem-solving, and communication skills. We offer competitive salaries, a stable work environment, and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Engineering Technology, or any other allied field or relevant progressive responsible experience in a related work area. Experience in engineering/utility projects is highly desirable and exposure to project management processes and tools is preferred.
Special Requirements: Certified Associate in project management from PMI or any other similar certifications or ability to get certified within one year.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE