Senior Substation Civil/Structural Engineer
Location: Maple Grove, MN (Eligible for hybrid schedule)
Application Deadline: September 24, 2023
Your perspective is powerful. To do what’s never been done before, we need to think differently. We seek out people with unique backgrounds, unique skillsets and unique perspectives who want to help shape what’s next.
Great River Energy is currently looking for a Senior Substation Civil/Structural Engineer. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to performing engineering, project management and technical support for substation design projects.
A typical starting range for this position is $107,000 - $126,000 annually. We offer market competitive base pay and adjust our offer accordingly based upon the value of the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, our Total Rewards strategy focuses on recognizing individual performance and rewarding business results. Our robust Total Rewards package includes exceptional benefits and retirement, a focus on continuous engagement, recognition, personal and professional development, and an emphasis on work-life effectiveness.
Responsibilities: Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
· Perform engineering on substation grading, foundation, and steel design projects to ensure safe, reliable, high-quality, cost-efficient, reliable designs.
· Provide technical support to other GRE engineers, the Land Rights and Environmental departments, field technicians, operators, and others to ensure the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the GRE transmission system.
· Lead and participate on cross-functional teams responsible to develop and update internal GRE design standards and equipment specifications to ensure consistent, high-quality designs.
· Develop and maintain substation civil/structural standards including drawings, design criteria, and material specifications.
· Perform project management for Transmission division projects, as assigned, to ensure all financial, functional, and schedule requirements are met.
· Participate in regional or national working groups as required to gain industry knowledge and help influence industry decisions.
We offer market competitive base pay and adjust our offer accordingly based upon the value of the candidate’s knowledge, skills and experience. In addition, our Total Rewards strategy focuses on recognizing individual performance and rewarding business results. Our robust Total Rewards package includes exceptional benefits and retirement, a focus on continuous engagement, recognition, personal and professional development, and an emphasis on work-life effectiveness.
Qualifications: Knowledge typically acquired through a,
· Bachelor’s Degree (or advanced) in civil engineering or structural engineering or education required to qualify for the written Professional Engineering Examination as required by the State Board of Engineering, and
· 6+ years of experience in an engineering or science-related position within the utility or a related industry. 6+ years of substation design engineering experience is strongly preferred.
· Understands the NESC (National Electric Safety Code).
· Professional Engineer registration is required.
· Knowledge of the utility industry.
· In-depth knowledge of codes and standards within the area of civil/structural engineering.
· Skill in utilizing and assessing technologies related to the utility industry.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Skill in researching, analyzing, and making engineering decisions.
· Skilled in working in a team environment.
· Strong project management skills. Skill in overseeing large projects with significant scope and complexity.
· Demonstrated experience in utilizing problem solving skills to address primarily technical nature issues.
Qualified candidates please apply at www.greatriverenergy.com (under the Careers tab) by September 24, 2023. GRE values diversity, equity and inclusion and we are an equal employment opportunity employer.