The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) at the University of Idaho seeks candidates for a full-time clinical (non-tenure track) assistant or associate faculty position with expertise in geotechnical engineering. We are particularly interested in candidates with significant professional experience who can serve as a Professor of Practice.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding and committed educator who can teach both undergraduate and graduate courses in geotechnical and geological engineering, as well as teach CEE “service” courses. These service courses may include First Year Engineering, Engineering Surveying, Engineering Graphics, Civil Engineering Analysis and Design, Senior Design, and general engineering courses such as Statics, Dynamics, and Mechanics of Materials. The CEE department is committed to quality education and has high expectations for teaching excellence. The candidate will have the opportunity to advise/mentor both undergraduate and graduate students, both academically and in student organizations such as ASCE. The ability to help manage civil engineering laboratories is a desired qualification.
The CEE department is committed to a productive and collegial environment and a climate of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Minimum Education/Degree Required: B.S. in Civil Engineering
- B.S. in Civil Engineering with 20+ years of industry experience; or M.S. in Civil Engineering with 10+ years of industry experience; or Ph.D. in Civil Engineering with 3+ years of industry experience
- Must have a current Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Expertise in geotechnical engineering
- Experience communicating orally and in writing to a range of audiences
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in geotechnical engineering
- Professional experience in private practice or government agency
- Ability to manage academic laboratories
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in interdisciplinary and multicultural environments
For more information and to apply please visit: https://uidaho.peopleadmin.com/postings/42047