Senior O&M Engineer - Renewable Energy, Carlisle, UK. Salary £55,000 + bonus and benefits
This is an exciting opportunity with a fast - growing asset management company. They invest and asset manage across the renewable energy sector with a focus on solar energy, battery energy storage, wind, and electric vehicle transportation.
This company boasts a portfolio of c.£8 billion assets under management and has offices across the UK to manage, maintain and operate these assets. The role
This is a critical operational role that will provide first-hand experience of the rapid and extensive changes occurring in the UK energy market. It reports to the O&M Manager.
There is an excellent scope for personal and professional development within the O&M division of a global asset management firm. Key responsibilities
Skills & experience
- To be responsible for a team of one or two engineers and organise their weekly priorities.
- To be responsible for the availability and PM achieved to the designated portfolio.
- Responsible for HV permits to work. For its area and others
- Supervise HV works from different subcontractors.
- Acting as Controller engineer (HV)
- To help the O&M team to achieve high HSQE standards across our portfolio, working closely with HSE Manager.
- Deliver all the Preventative Maintenance and Reactive Maintenance on the allocated portfolio including HV maintenance.
- Complete Site Inspections across the portfolio as required.
- Provide reports after each inspection on site (Monthly or reactive)
- Use SCADA to monitor the health of the BESS assets under management.
- Direct supervision of various works, including overseeing contractors as required.
- Performance report submitted and presented to the Asset Management team monthly
- Understand failures and propose solutions to existing problems affecting availability.
- Site visits, HSE inductions, and interactions with Technical Advisers.
- Weekend rota | Emergency attendance (paid on top of the salary).
- Weekend monitoring (One every seven weekends).
- Supervise PAC / IAC & FAC processes.
- Ideally 5 years of experience as a Site Manager or Team Leader in the renewable energy industry (Solar and BESS)
- Trained in SMA inverters will be desirable
- Fully qualified electrician (AM2, 18th edition, 2391) with Solar experience
- HV qualification and experience are required
- Experience with Microsoft Office and IAuditor is required
- Experience with BESS systems is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge and Experience with Diesel/Gas engines is desirable but not essential
- Be efficient, reliable, and thorough
- Team player
- Drive and initiative - the desire to add value proactive approach
- Fast-paced - the ability to work on various tasks with tight deadlines
- Commitment to the business and the team.
- Able to communicate effectively and adapt to anyone within the broader group
- Valid UK driving licence
Salary £55,000 + bonus and benefits Applications
Please apply via Igloo3 - renewable energy & infrastructure recruitment specialists