Job Title: Senior Structural Analysis Engineer - StressLocation: Flexible working, base location BristolCompensation: Competitive Salary + BenefitsRole Type: Full time / Permanent Role ID: SF53446
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Structural Analysis Engineer at our Ashton House site. The role
As a Senior Structural Analysis Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll create a significant value by leveraging their skills and experience to lead yourself and others in the qualification of outstanding in-design, and in-service solutions.
Day to day, you'll perform the origination and checking of structural analysis calculations, finite element analysis (FEA), and reports in relation to the qualification of submarine and surface ship component resistance to; shock, vibration, fatigue, and pressure loading in accordance with the relevant design codes and customer-agreed analysis methodologies.
In this role, you'll work 37-hours per week with two days in the office and the remainder working from home. Essential experience of the Senior Structural Analysis Engineer:
Qualifications for the Senior Structural Analysis Engineer:
- Experience in origination and checking of structural analysis hand calculations, and familiarity with design codes
- Experience in origination and checking of structural finite element modelling and analysis, and proficiency in the use of FEA software (ideally Ansys and/or LS-Dyna) to include static, non-linear (contact) and elastic analysis, and ideally also dynamic and/or elasto-plastic analysis.
- Experience with the following software would also be desirable: Teamcenter, Mathcad/Prime, NX.
- Degree qualified in a relevant technical discipline
- A member of a professional institution with which you hold Chartered or Incorporated status
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.