Job DescriptionStress Engineer (Structural/ Fabrication)WarringtonFull Time
An excellent brand new opportunity for a Stress Engineer
has become available with Rolls-Royce Civil Nuclear.
Our world-class engineers design, develop and refine our products in an environment that is curious, challenging, and able to change to meet the world's vital power needs.
Join us and we'll provide an environment where you can be yourself. An inclusive, digital-first culture that invests in you, gives you a platform for continuous learning, and access to an incredible breadth and depth of opportunities to grow your career.
We are currently working on a Complex EPC project to deliver a Back-up Generator System for a large Civil Nuclear site. You will join a small emerging team and play a pivotal part in the delivery of the packages of work.
You will be designing access platforms and skids for mechanical equipment as well structural supports for pipework and cabling so will have a good understanding of fabrication and structural steel design.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Your needs are as unique as you are. Hybrid working is a way in which our people can balance their time between the office, home or another remote location. It's a locally managed and flexed informal discretionary arrangement. As a minimum we're all expected to attend the workplace for collaboration and other specific reasons, on average three days per week.What you will be doing:
You will undertake design hand calculations in accordance with design codes, inclusive of evaluating earthquake loads.
Who we are looking for:
- Generate, evaluate, and select the most appropriate design based on cost whilst ensuring that they're appropriate for use and complaint with any space constraints, customer, and UK regulatory specifications.
- Work with the Computer Aided Design (CAD) team to produce equipment fabrication drawings.
- Produce equipment specifications.
- Present designs at internal Technical Reviews.
- Work with fabricators to realise the designs.
At Rolls-Royce we embrace agility, are bold, pursue collaboration and seek simplicity in everything we do. These principles form our values and behaviours and are an essential component of our assessment process and are fundamental qualities that we seek for all roles.
- Using and understanding of the requirements of Eurocode 3.
- Knowledge of the design code RCC-M or other permissible stress based design codes for structural supports to piping
- Design experience of access platforms / skids for Mechanical Equipment.
- Working knowledge and use of Ansys FEA (APDL or Workbench).
- Working knowledge of Mathcad.
- Good working knowledge of tolerances.
- Experienced with the application of CE (and/or UKCA) marking equipment.
We're an equal opportunities employer. We're committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we'll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global inclusion strategy at careers.rolls-royce.comClosing date: 26th September 2023Job Category
Mechanical SystemsPosting Date
19 Sept 2023; 00:09