The Project Engineer leverages expertise in structural engineering to oversee and manage our aggregate industry projects. They play a crucial role in the planning, design, and execution of structural aspects of our projects, ensuring their successful completion within budget and on schedule. As a Project Engineer, you will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including construction managers, architects, and geotechnical engineers, to deliver projects that meet or exceed client expectations.
30% of Job: Structural Analysis & Design
- Perform analysis, design, and evaluation of structural components and systems (foundations, slabs, beams, columns, walls, etc.)
- Develop and review engineering drawings, specifications, and construction documents.
- Utilize engineering software and tools for analysis and design purposes.
50% of the Job: Project Planning & Coordination
- Prepare comprehensive project plans, including schedules, budgets, and resource allocations.
- Manage internal capital budget and expense projects.
- Prepare progress reports, technical documentation, and project updates for internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with construction managers to ensure smooth project execution, monitor construction activities, and resolve any construction-related challenges.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to gather project requirements.
- Translate project requirements into actionable engineering solutions.
20% of the Job: Compliance & Standards
- Ensure that all designs and materials comply with relevant local, state, and federal codes and regulations
- Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and advancements in structural engineering.
- Conduct quality control inspections to verify compliance with design specifications and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
Required Licenses & Certifications:
- EIT required (structural focus) with goal to obtain Professional Engineer (PE) license
- 2 years related industry experience necessary
- Proficiency in structural analysis and design software
- Strong knowledge of applicable building codes and regulations
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work
Benefits start day 1 of employment and include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability
- Paid time off: personal, vacation, holidays, well being days
- Matching 401K and retirement pension