Are you excited about Civil Engineering and its ability to change and improve lives? Are you passionate about your Christian faith and how God can use the Civil Engineering profession in the world around you? Does the opportunity to build into the lives of a new generation of Civil Engineering professionals excite you? If so, we want to talk to you!
The Cedarville University School of Engineering and Computer Science is looking for exceptional faculty to join our Civil Engineering program and help us train outstanding civil engineers who integrate highest level technical skills with an active Christian faith to transform lives. Our program emphasizes rigorous academics combined with extensive hands-on learning and service opportunities. We aim to cultivate technical professionals who are committed to excellence in character, conduct, and skill. Our faculty are dedicated professionals who pour into the lives of our students in the classroom and beyond.
We invite applications for Civil Engineering faculty positions that will start in January or August 2024. We seek highly qualified candidates from across the spectrum of professional civil engineering practice. Rank is commensurate with experience. Strong candidates may be considered for Professor level appointment.
The School of Engineering and Computer Science offers an ABET-accredited BSCE degree program, in addition to ABET-accredited BSCpE, BSEE, and BSME degrees and BS degrees in Computer Science and Cyber Operations. The school has nearly 700 students across six primary disciplines.
The BSCE degree is housed in the new Civil Engineering Center which opened in Fall 2020. The CEC was purposely designed for the civil engineering program and includes dedicated laboratories, classrooms, project spaces and faculty offices. This facility has allowed us to create a program which provides students with exceptional hands-on learning opportunities while building strong professional identity and establishing life-long relationships.
This position is primarily focused on teaching and mentoring within an undergraduate engineering program. Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate courses and laboratories in a variety of civil engineering areas, advising students, and supervising senior design projects. The successful candidate is expected to participate in the development of innovative curriculum with a strong focus on lab-based learning and project work.
This position is subject to the University's verification of credentials and other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the successful completion of a criminal history investigation. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This position is pending budget approval. The position is located in Cedarville, Ohio.
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering or related discipline; or
- M.S. in Civil Engineering or related discipline, plus licensure as a registered Professional Engineer (PE); or
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or related discipline, plus licensure as a registered Professional Engineer (PE), plus at least 10 years licensed professional engineering experience in a relevant area of civil engineering.
- Candidates without a terminal degree may be required to enroll in further graduate level studies as a condition of employment.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate subject material to students and relate with students and colleagues.
- Commitment to biblical integration in and out of the classroom.
- Qualified applicant must be a born-again Christian with a personal commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Qualified applicant must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University's Doctrinal Statement, Community Covenant, and general Workplace Standards.
For consideration, applicants must complete an employment application, available on our website, and submit a CV and unofficial transcripts. All official inquiries should be directed to Jennifer Cochran, SHRM-CP, Director of Academic Human Resource Services. Position-specific inquiries should be directed to Dr. Robert Chasnov, Dean, School of Engineering and Computer Science.
Cedarville University is an Equal Opportunity Employer