Geotechnical Engineer - Renewable Energy - Home Based or Glasgow / Stirling OfficesSalary: 30,000 to 45,000 Dependent on experience
Eden Scott are pleased to be supporting their esteemed consultancy client with the appointment of a Geotechnical Engineer to work on their clients renewable energy projects, predominantly located across Scotland.
The Geotechnical Engineer will be involved in Technical and hansd on practical delivery across a range of site investigation, geophysical survey, and related services. This role requires a confident Geotechnical Engineer possessing the highest standards, ability to make decisions with an ethos of high quality data and reporting.
This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to develop their technical, practical and project management skills as part of a dynamic team of dedicated staff. Ideally suited to a candidate with a love of the outdoors, desire to progress their career and a commitment to renewable energy generation.
This appointment will require a robust level of previous experience working across the geotechnical industry in the UK and/or Europe. Able to tackle challenging geotechnical conditions, deliver in remote locations and contribute to a motivated team.
The role will be based partly on site and therefore requires an individual comfortable with working in remote outdoor environments. The team is active across the UK and Europe hence travel will be a fundamental requirement.Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Site-based working including geotechnical drilling supervision, core logging, trial pitting and in-situ testing.
- Assist with project management & delivery of Geotechnical Investigation Projects;
- Scoping, planning, resource management, quality and standards control, client facing and budget control within each project.
- These aspects may be developed if not previously experienced.
- Geotechnical reporting including: Geoenvironmental and Geotechnical Desk Study, Factual & Interpretive Ground Investigation Reports, Stability Reports and Geotechnical Risk Assessment.
- Geotechnical data management including laboratory testing work.
- Strong working knowledge of UK Construction Design Management regulations including ability to plan, manage and supervise safe systems of work.
- Working closely with the Principal Geotechnical Engineer on development of new service offerings, and technical training programmes.
- Weekly progress reporting to wider team, time tracking and independent self-discipline to deliver all work on time and to budget.
- Relevant Earth Sciences BSc (Hons) degree. Or Civil Engineering with significant geotechnical interests.
- Minimum of 2 years Geotechnical Industry experience
- Full UK Drivers Licence
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org