The company is a leading construction firm who have recently opened a new plant in the Leicestershire area. They are working on some impressive projects and are currently one of the leading providers to HS2. The business has been established since the 50's and is now one of the leading names in Civil and Structural engineering. Due to continued growth they now have an opportunity for an intermediate-level Structural Engineer to join the business based at their new facility in Leicestershire. The salary Package is circa to £40k to £45k with Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Pension, Health Insurance Plan, Share Scheme, and much more…
The position requires the individual to have had previous experience in precast concrete or pre-stressed concrete. Any experience in Bridge Engineering will give candidates a distinct advantage but not essential.Key Responsibilities of the Structural Engineer:
Health & Safety Awareness:
- Stressing calculation sheets for prestressed concrete beams.
- Preparation of field change requests.
- Stability analysis for structural elements at the storage yard.
- Preparation of chain-down drawings for the transport of prestressed concrete beams.
- Reinforcement issues in bar bending schedules affecting the fabrication of steel cages for the structural elements.
- Proposals for structural repairs on site.
- Assistance in the preparation of non-conformity reports.
- The Structural Engineer will take reasonable care not to put yourself, other people/fellow employees, and members of the public at risk by what you do or do not do in the course of your work.
- Co-operate with your line manager, making sure you get proper training, and you understand and follow the company's health and safety policies.
Salary & Benefits Package
- Experienced Structural Engineer
- Concrete background (Precast or pre-stressed)
- Degree qualified or above in Structural, Civil Engineering
- Excellent knowledge in EXCEL
- Experienced in calculations, proposals and stability analysis
- Salary £40k to £45k
- Private healthcare for employees with the option to purchase cover for family/dependants after probation (3 months)
- Life assurance 2 x salary after probation
- Pension 5% EE / 5% ER after probation
- Permanent Health Insurance - covers 75% of salary for long-term sickness (for sickness beyond 6 months) and up until retirement age (even if employment terminated) after probation
- Personal progression plan
- Share scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts for retailers/ restaurants etc.
If you are interested in applying for the position and are keen to be part of an exciting journey with a very established business, then simply click on the link below.