If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we're the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we're far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we're tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It's the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We're heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character - no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Following recent wins in offshore wind, we are looking to expand the geotechnical engineering team at Kent. Our current portfolio of projects includes several offshore windfarms which, together, have the potential to power a third of the UK's households.
We are seeking an experienced Senior / Principal Geotechnical Engineer to join our geotechnical team across the Energy Markets. This is a fantastic opportunity to take a leading role in the ground engineering input to some of our most challenging projects.
Kent's offshore engineering capability dates back to the 1970s and we have been at the forefront of the market ever since. Building on our legacy of work in the oil and gas sector, we have successfully transferred many of our skills onto a growing number of fixed and floating offshore renewables projects. Kent has been contributing to the expansion of the offshore wind sector in the UK and beyond since the early 2000s, and now has an extensive portfolio of installed and operational projects around the world. In addition to design projects, Kent supports the full lifecycle of offshore wind projects from initial site selection and layout, through concept and detailed design, to asset management, life extension and decommissioning. This role provides an opportunity to join this successful team in an exciting and growing market.
We are open to the successful candidate being based in any of our UK offices and offer flexible working arrangements.
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
· Acting as discipline lead in the delivery of offshore geotechnics projects
· Providing technical reviews
· Mentoring junior geotechnical engineers and supporting the development of the team's capability
The successful candidate will also be involved in other areas such as business development, team strategy and people management.
Candidates should have the right flair and ability that will help us develop and expand our Offshore Wind geotechnics capability by building on the existing portfolio of our rapidly expanding, flexible and outward looking team.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
The candidate should have:
· Excellent technical skills and extensive experience in Offshore Geotechnics covering site investigation and characterization, ground risk management, foundation design, soil-structure interaction and foundation installation
· Experience of acting as a senior / principal geotechnical engineer within multi-disciplinary teams in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment.
· Experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to the engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and lead geotechnical design teams.
· Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients.
· Good commercial track record in negotiating and running successful jobs
· Excellent report writing skills.
· A degree in civil engineering or geology with a post graduate qualification in a geotechnical subject
· Chartered status as either a civil engineer or geologist.
· A willingness to travel on short assignments both within the UK and overseas.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.