About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSEN offices or depots around the UK including Perth, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Reading or Belfast
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + car /car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent Full Time | Flexible First options available
As a Civil Policy Engineer you'll be responsible for setting civil specific engineering policies relating to existing and proposed structures and buildings on SSE's distribution network.
Main duties will include;
- Assessing the condition of existing SSE assets, to ensure their suitability for continued service and setting specific engineering policies, ensuring that they will deliver the investment expectation.
- Advise the project teams on any external consultancy works required for each specific project, as well as assessment of preliminary designs, assisting with planning application submissions and ensuring compliance with SSE Engineering Policy.
- You will manage and develop the agreed scope within the civil engineering budget, utilising design change procedures and ensuring value for money every step of the way.Managing procurement and tendering processes where appropriate, evaluating civil works tenders with compliance through to contract award.
- Working closely with other disciplines within Distribution and the wider SSE - including Wayleaves, Environment, Electrical, Cable and Overhead Line Engineers.
- You will also have responsibility for health, safety and environmental issues associated with the civil works and beyond, including regular SHE audits.
What do I need?
To succeed in this role we would love you to have;
- A qualification atdegree level in Civil Engineering or have relevant civil engineering experience.
- You'll need to draw on a broad knowledge and experience of Civil Engineering Design, particularly earthworks, roadways, structural concrete, and building design.
- You should be used to working in a fast-paced project delivery environment and be able to demonstrate that you are a committed team worker.
- You will have excellent communication skills, the ability to deal with tasks across a number of projects with different project managers and have a willingness to always drive value.
- As this role will involve travel, a current UK Driving licence is essential.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net-zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ' Inclusion & Diversity at SSE ' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 351698.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.