Based in the Midlands, our Property, Science and Industry team is undergoing significant growth and development as it continues to win major work in the industrial, education and commercial sectors as well as low- and zero-carbon buildings and retrofit and refurbishment. The diversity of workload and strength of client links has meant strong growth over the last year and a need for some new team members.
The team are currently working on exciting schemes across a range of sectors including large complex manufacturing facilities for blue-chip industrial clients, projects for a number of leading University's in the region and major healthcare buildings.
We have an opportunity for a Principal Civil Engineer with strong technical skills and design flair to deliver civil engineering, drainage and infrastructure with a particular focus on projects in the buildings and property sector.
Reporting to the Property leadership team, you will provide support the team with business development, project leadership and technical excellence to champion civil engineering activities and help grow the team. Typical responsibilities include preparing proposals, providing hands-on input to our projects and writing technical reports to convey concepts to clients and regulatory bodies.
As a senior member of the team, you will provide line management and support the development of our junior team members. Reviewing and appraising the work of others to maintain a high-quality output across the team. You will be leading and contributing to project meetings, both internally and externally, and monitor project or team budgets to ensure a favourable commercial outcome.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
- Proven track record delivering civil engineering drainage designs from concept to detailed design stages within an engineering consultancy.
- Experience delivering civil engineering infrastructure associated with building projects including coordinating and liaising with other members of the design team.
- Extensive experience of the design of SuDS or nature based solutions, in a retrofit context or on new build developments.
- An understanding of hydraulic and hydrological processes relating to stormwater management.
- A desire to embrace digital technologies and innovations to find efficiencies in design processes.
- Experience in client facing roles and construction-phase design delivery.
- Experience managing other professionals, leading a small team and developing/mentoring.
- Chartered Engineer or with appropriate qualifications and experience to apply or Chartership.