GBR13: Home - Harlow, Essex, Kao One, Kao Park, Harlow, CM17 9NAPosition Role Type:
: System Safety and Environmental EngineerLocation
: Remote / home based with occasional working within Raytheon / customer sitesJob Information
The Safety and Environmental Engineer's role will be to support the Safety and Environmental Manager in conducting and coordinating the safety and environmental activities in the design, manufacture, installation and in-service support of Royal Navy training solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
Education and Experience SummaryEssential
- Preparation and maintenance of the Safety and Environmental Management Plan.
- Supporting Hazard Identification and Hazard Analyses.
- Supporting Environmental Impact Screening and Scoping.
- Developing Hazard Logs and Environmental Features Matrices.
- Preparation and maintenance of Safety and Environmental Cases.
- Developing artefacts to support the Safety and Environmental Case.
- Provision of safety and environmental input to project and design reviews.
- Provision of safety and environmental assurance, including auditing.
- Management of safety and environmental activities undertaken by other organisations including visits and inspections of training facilities.
- Provision of support to bid and proposal activities, including generation of estimates for safety and environmental aspects of the programme.
- Supporting and facilitating Safety and Environmental Committees.
- Considerable experience in an engineering discipline, ideally within a safety critical environment.
- Experience of working with Def Stan 00-056, Def Stan 00‑051 or other applicable standards.
- Eligible for UK Eyes Only SC clearance or already cleared
Demonstrable Experience and Knowledge
- Degree in Engineering, Physics, Computing or other relevant subject.
- Experience of training solutions, naval platforms or installation of equipment at customer sites.
- Track record in producing safety and environmental cases acceptable to the customer and/or regulator.
- Appreciation of safety standards and design/implementation techniques for safety.
- Good understanding of the engineering lifecycle, design reviews etc..
- Commercial awareness.
About Raytheon UK
- Strong people skills and able to work with staff at all levels.
- Good communicator (verbal and written).
- Able to support reviews and workshops.
- Pragmatic and flexible.
- Motivated, energetic, persuasive and confident.
- Team player but prepared to challenge the views of others where they could jeopardise the safety and environmental case.
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business About RTX
RTX is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Standard Benefits:
Raytheon Career Development:
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance'
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold)
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.Diversity:
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award' Employee Recognition.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.