Are you a Structural Engineer seeking an exhilarating new challenge? We have an incredible opportunity just for you! Our dynamic team in the historic and vibrant city of Dover is expanding, and we're on the hunt for someone with your unique skills and expertise.
As a Structural Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on a fascinating variety of structural types, from heritage assets to modern developments. You will design and assess structures such as bridges, jetties, quays, roadways, mooring equipment, office and security buildings, industrial units and more. You will be supported by a strong network of expertise within the team, which will help you to increase your skills and confidence in areas where you are less experienced. You will also collaborate with our engineers and stakeholders to ensure that the designs, specifications and drawings meet consistent high standards. Additionally, you will help manage a programme of inspections, working in partnership with in-house inspectors and external specialists, to make recommendations for maintenance to maximise the lifespan of our assets. You will also manage small projects or ‘Routine Tasks', which involve working with contracts, managing budgets, programme, risk, and ensuring projects are delivered safely. Furthermore, you will assist with developing long term ‘structural strategy' for the Ports key assets including berths, piers, quay & seafront walls.Structural Engineer Requirements:
Structural Engineer Benefits:
- BEng/MEng and working towards Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers
- Minimum 3 years' experience of undertaking structural designs and calculations to applicable structural codes/standards. Previous design experience could be related to buildings, highways or maritime structures.
- Effective communication of structural concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Understanding of CDM regulations
- Hold a valid UK driving licence
Meet the Organisation: Who We Are and What We Do
- £35,000- £50,000 per annum, depending on experience
- Be part of a fantastic team
- Exciting place to work
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private Health Care
- Life assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- 3rd party discounts
- Employee volunteering programme
- Cycle to work scheme
The Port of Dover is Europe's busiest ferry port, handling 33% of UK-EU trade, worth £144bn per annum. Each year more than 2 million freight vehicles, 2 million tourist vehicles and 10 million passengers pass through the Port. We also welcome more than 120 cruise ships, 150 cargo vessels and 4,000 leisure craft in our marina each year. But we're not just about trade and transport. We have a vibrant and growing property portfolio and are transforming the waterfront with new amenities and activities that are making Dover a great place to live, work and enjoy under the famous White Cliffs.
Providing the infrastructure to support this diverse and busy 24/7 operation requires a dedicated team of people working in a diverse range of roles. We are committed to developing the skills and industry knowledge of our employees to enhance performance and support the achievement of our business objectives.Unleash your potential and redefine the boundaries of engineering! If you believe you're the perfect fit for our dynamic Structural Engineer role, don't hesitate! Seize this opportunity and apply now to embark on an exciting new journey!