SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We areproud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK & Ireland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK and Ireland which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: Competitive package + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Key to our growth ambition, SSE Renewables have an exciting opportunity within our Renewables Engineering Centre Offshore Structures Team for a Lead Engineer to support engineering activities within one of our key new build projects in our UK portfolio.
As Lead Structural Engineer, you'll play a key role in our Offshore Engineering Team providing structural engineering support within the Foundations package of one of our leading UK projects. You will lead our internal team and manage external consultants, to deliver the construction stage of the project. You will be responsible for coordinating technical reviews of contractor deliverables, monitoring contractor performance, reporting progress and performance to the project management team, and support all development activities required to progress the project into fabrication and installation.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Ensuring co-ordinated and coherent delivery by a multi-disciplinary engineering team and facilitating communication channels between disciplines and project package teams, highlighting risks and issues and identifying actions to eliminate or reduce them.
- Supporting decision making processes by working with the project team to produce a robust recommendation for project stakeholders.
- Implementing and maintaining key design governance documents and processes.
- Collating key updates from across the team and provide feedback to senior project management on progress including emerging risks and issues.
- Facilitating interfaces by bringing all stakeholders together, producing actions plans, and obtaining regular updates from the team.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would like you to have:
- Demonstrable experience in the offshore wind market, preferably at Lead Engineer level.
- Foundation fabrication experience.
- A can-do proactive attitude with a proven history of interfacing and collaborating across multi-discipline teams to support decision making and due diligence process and achieve outcomes.
- A degree qualification in relevant engineering subject or equivalent experience in a similar role with a passion for renewable energy and knowledge of relevant governances and international offshore wind bid and auction processes.
- The ability to challenge the status quo and strive for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrable understanding of engineering processes and experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams (Engineering Packages) together with a common purpose from early stage to delivery.
- Ability to travel internationally as and when required.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ' Inclusion & Diversity at SSE ' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Douglas on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01738 275199.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.